we're doing this man. (AoS 0.75 Powerthirst Edition)

External additional handy features.
62 posts Page 1 of 5 First unread post
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

EDIT: I am no longer working on this. I have abandoned 0.75 entirely. Here's the source if you want to screw with it! https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/320 ... e-dump.zip

where MAKING THIS HAPEN.

Note the player IDs.

EDIT: That password isn't used for anything you can actually access. You don't need to make a comment.

Here's a pysnip repo that actually supports this properly.
(This repo is usually up to date after about half a day, but should be your main go-to repo for non-powerthirst pysnip stuff.)
To enable 64-player + long name support, open pysnip/server.py and change the line that reads:
POWERTHIRST = False
to:
POWERTHIRST = True
Note, this mode is NOT backwards compatible with the mainline client.

AND HERE IT IS PLEASE READ POWERTHIRST.TXT THANK YOU VERY MUCH (2013-05-16-00)

(NOTE: If you're missing 0.75, this could work.)

>>> Server List <<<
Last edited by GreaseMonkey on Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:49 am, edited 13 times in total.
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Cant actually use it right now but, Holy Shit! Does it actually work?! That would be awesome! a massive 32 v 32 battle! Green_BigSmile
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Bad news guys. I managed to get long name support PARTIALLY working, but this creates an issue where it works FINE on the server, but other clients end up with corrupted player information, and the player does not exist anymore. The pysnip server MUST be patched somehow before we continue with this, to prevent issues with clients crashing and whatnot.

This may mean that long names will only work on Powerthirst-only servers.

If you have 2013-05-09-03, don't use it or spread it. Thanks.
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

So THAT'S what you meant with that picture.
a 32 vs. 32 battle on classicgen would be crazy fun.
Sasquatch
Mapper
Mapper

This is great and all, but I still think this is bad prioritization and there are a million other things that should be done before working on code for 64 player games (1P zombs, game balance, removing some crap blah blah blah.) But I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Also

>where

I hope this is trolling man.
Fluttershy
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

How is a new game mode a higher priority than fixing the base game? An increased player count improves all game modes as would weapon balance. Also, its a SBaHJ reference, no trolling involved. Except for the comic. Which actually is trolling.

In relevance to the thread, this is pretty damn cool. This is something that always shouldve been given the map size. This actually validates it. Now the question is...will we manage to actually get a 32 vs 32 battle on more than one server?
Sasquatch
Mapper
Mapper

Fluttershy wrote:
How is a new game mode a higher priority than fixing the base game? An increased player count improves all game modes as would weapon balance. Also, its a SBaHJ reference, no trolling involved. Except for the comic. Which actually is trolling.
Well, at least I know I would be playing more if there was a 1P zombs. Would give me an excuse to continue map making. I didn't know his post included weapon balance also. I'm still hard nosed about even including SMGs and shotties but I guess I'm way too conservative for this board :P
TB_
Post Demon
Post Demon

Sasquatch wrote:
This is great and all, but I still think this is bad prioritization and there are a million other things that should be done before working on code for 64 player games (1P zombs, game balance, removing some crap blah blah blah.) But I suppose beggars can't be choosers.

Also

>where

I hope this is trolling man.
Actually, 64 players has been wanted ever since the game was released (or something like that).
1p zombs, if you mean 1 player zombie mode then yeah, that would be fun. But creating an AI would probably be harder, not sure though. And I still think people prioritize 64 players instead of that.

Game balance and removing some crap isn't something that's easy to do without the source code.

And the title is definitively on purpose. As he later wrote
where MAKING THIS HAPEN.
Unless greasemonkey suddenly got autism right after making this patch and before making this topic.
Articsledder
Deuced Up

This is sweet, one of the things I have wanted from day 1 of playing this game.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

I definitely intend to fix the balance (read: drop in the 0.60 fork values and fix the shotgun spread algorithm) but in a backwards-compatible way (assigning slots 3-5 for the rebalanced guns). Weapon balance is actually quite easy to do, compared with having to replace the right instances of 32 with 64 (and 31 with 63, and 936*32 with 936*64, and 128 with 256, AND having to resize structures in memory... WITHOUT accidentally fucking over the sound code which has a 32 "currently playing sounds" limit).

I might throw in an RPG at some stage, though, which will take a lot more work than, say, changing that 0.006 to a big fat 0.00001 (i.e. doesn't affect your aim but 0.0 actually crashes the game). I suspect it'll require adding some stuff to the engine.

------

UPDATE: Long name support is in place. I'm not releasing this just yet, though - all the important servers need to be patched (Aloha, Deucecraft, Minit, Sham's). I have updated the patch on the first post of this link to fix the bug that happens when someone gives a name that's too large.

This also patches an issue I've labelled as "ghetto hack".

It ALSO adds the 3 lines necessary to run hompy's basicbot.py script. Yeah, it's not a fully cleaned up patch, but they're all good things to add.

Could someone please upload this patch to the main pysnip trunk? It defaults to vanilla mode.
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

https://github.com/Ericson2314/pysnip It's merged in my repo. I sent pull requests to tsigol, rakiru. You guys at minit should rebase your pysnip repository off this. Right now there are too many unrelated pysnip/pyspades repos floating around on github which makes merging more complicated.

The google code one hasn't been touched in a while and I think should be taken down in favor of github.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Holy fucking balls, 64 players is real!
Now i can enjoy Classicgen with the veterans with twice more people. If people are willing to do such server.(Aloha already has one, now i'll wait for Minit's)
Good job, Grease!
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Definately is the single awesomest (imo) script of the year.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

...this isn't a script. It's a mod. And I mean what Minecraft guys would call a mod. Not what most of AoS calls a mod, which Minecraft guys would refer to as a skin pack.

Anyhow, I've been working on rebalancing, and have dropped in the 0.60 fork SMG (NOT the 0.60 vanilla SMG). I have yet to fix up the shotgun.

I have uploaded the latest build (2013-05-10-00). Check the first post for a link.
I have also submitted a pull request for this repo: https://github.com/Ericson2314/pysnip
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

pull request is accepted :)
62 posts Page 1 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Add-ons & Tools”