Expansion of 'Scripts' section

Our latest need-to-know information.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

The PySnip/pyspades Scripts section has been split into two primary areas; Verified and Unverified, and further subdivided as follows:
  • Approved
    • Game Modes
    • Features & Enhancements
    • Miscellaneous
  • Pending Approval
    • Completed Releases
    • Work In Progress
    • Snippets
  • Ideas / Requests
  • Help!
Verified/Approved scripts are those that have been thoroughly tried and tested and are confirmed to function properly. To be approved, a script must:
  1. Be 100% complete, stable/error-free, and "simply work" as described
  2. Provide detailed step-by-step installation instructions, including necessary edits or copies of all dependent files (such as other scripts) that aren't part of the default PySnip repository
  3. Credit original authors
Unverified/Pending Approval scripts are everything else that either (1) haven't been fully reviewed, or (2) don't meet the approval requirements.

Go to the reorganized Scripts section...
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

looks a bit messy with all the sub forms showing but it is a nice idea
learn_more
Coder
Coder

the active topics is just an amalgamation of all threads in all subforums?
if so, it would be nice to have prefixes on them or so, or clearly be shown as link to the topic.
if not, there are quite some duplicate topics :p

and a little explanation on how scripts are vetted and based on what rules moved to where :)

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2115079
Bux Xray
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Agree to jdrew..I dunno where to go there
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

learn_more wrote:
the active topics is just an amalgamation of all threads in all subforums?
Yes.
learn_more wrote:
if so, it would be nice to have prefixes on them or so, or clearly be shown as link to the topic.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2115079
I agree. Thanks for the suggestion, it's being considered.
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

The new Scripts sub forum does look slightly messy, as Jdrew said, with so many sub forums. However I kind of feel like that is needed for the clear divides between Verified/Approved and Unapproved. Maybe re-phrasing the sub forum titles will help navigation slightly. I propose:

- Approved (no change on that as I cannot think of a better word to use that fully encompasses the meaning)
- Testing Needed (basically calling it unapproved gives the subtle impression it's dangerous and harmful, whereas they are scripts that just need to be tested further BEFORE being disapproved, maybe the disapproved/dangerous scripts could be moved to another hidden sub section?)

Just my thoughts.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Juxta wrote:
However I kind of feel like that is needed for the clear divides between Verified/Approved and Unapproved.
Actually, it's already Verified/Approved and Unverified/Pending Approval, not "unapproved."

Giving off a dangerous impression certainly isn't the intention. These words were chosen with that concern in mind:
dictionary.com wrote:
verified
confirmed as to accuracy or truth by acceptable evidence, action, etc.

approved
to speak or think favorably of; pronounce or consider agreeable or good; judge favorably

unverified
not having been confirmed, substantiated, or proven to be true
Unverified/Pending Approval scripts aren't bad; they just haven't been officially reviewed, tested, and approved.

Before this division, everything from how-to questions, to requests, to broken scripts, to thoroughly tested/stable/bug-free scripts were mashed together in a list over 9 pages. This change is the first step towards highlighting scripts that are guaranteed to work "out of the box" so that hosters have a place to go to get "plug and play" customization for their servers. The Unverified/Pending Approval area is more for experimental hosters who want to try stuff that may or may not work.
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Ah ok, bad idea was bad. Fair do's.
8 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Official News”