BnS News #35 - The Summer League has began!

Our latest need-to-know information.
16 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

by captain derpster

OpenSpades
BnS League Season #5
Voxlap Port
Sotw
Modding competition #8
Maps
YouTube Spotlight
Fun stuff

OpenSpades

Topo's fork, tspd-13, has been updated to the latest version of OS. For those new to tspd, it is a fork that adds extras like hit beep indicators when you hit an enemy and improves in mouse acceleration. For this update though you might want to to tweak the values for the mouse acceleration in the settings some as I found it to be too slow personally. More information about the update is available here.

BnS League Season #5

BnS League Season #5 has been started!, it is required to list at least 5 core members but it is possible to choose to list up to 15 core members, During the regular season teams can update your team roster’s once every 7 days. During the playoffs team roster will be locked. Teams will have a captain that will speak for the team in all matters. He or she will choose the maps, servers, remove and add players to the roster. If he or she isn’t available he or she will have to appoint someone else as honorary captain in their absence. already many of the teams signed up for this league season. If your interested in joining, what will be the league teams, and check out the league rules then visit here.

Voxlap Port

LeCom has been working on a voxlap-like client for 0.75. He plans to make it compatible with the current game and then branch off from there. The screenshot above shows his recent achievement, rendering Kv6 models within the client. He is using Sonarpulse's Voxlap port as the foundation for his work. If you are interested in checking out the progress so far click here.

Sotw

Congratulations to danhezee the winner of the Sotw(signature of the week) the signature is shown down below and the other signatures that is made by other participants can be found here

Modding competition #8

Modding competition #8 has started, this time it is for Openspades. It is open to any weapon, but it has to be a real weapon. If you want to check out more about the stuff about this modding competition #8 visit here

Maps
Frontier
by Jdrew

Frontier is a push map inspired by the old west. The chain of islands slowly converge onto each other until you reach the town in the north. The islands are not that far apart from each other though so matches may not last that long. What sets the map apart from other push maps is that there are more buildings already laid out then most maps. Another neat thing with the map is the control point locations. They are set at buildings opposite of the team's bridge location. This means that teams will have to face each other on their way to capturing the intel so players will be forced into a western shoot out. Although it needs a bit of work it is a good first map for push, nice job Jdrew!
Ha Long Bay
by IAmYourFriend

Its finally released! Ha Long Bay has been on the Sauerkraut game servers for quite some time but has only recently been released to the public. It is a very well laid out map that caters to both skilled and average players. The docks allow for easy passage between the two bases but there are lots of rocks and beaches that provide more cover and allow for a stealthy approach. Often times I found myself not being able to find where I was being shot at. This forces players to use cover and creates a lot of shoot outs towards the middle of the map. The map isn't that big too so its hard to camp. Overall a very well designed map, hope to see this on some more servers. Great job IAmYourFriend!

YouTube Spotlight
Here are two YouTube channels that you might want to take a look at. The first one is MasterFrenchSniping. He has been making AoS videos for quite a few months. He uses openspades to record cinematic clips and voxlap for general gameplay. Then he edits them all together using sony vegas. You can checkout one of his videos below. Another good video maker is Spidercooce who records everything in voxlap but his videos are a lot longer then MasterFrenchSniping's. Its great to see people making such interesting videos with AoS!

Fun stuff

-provided by Frocs
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

Zyc needs some kind of badge
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Yea he makes some pretty good videos Blue_BigSmile
Zyc
Deuced Up

Yay, I almost got a heart attack when I saw that you've posted my video, I work hard for clips and edits ... This is really kind of you (jdrew and bns staff) If you need anything just call me I'll be pretty happy to help you guys ! Green_Kiss
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Interesting that you've included Ha Long bay.

I played on it with a friend and it was absolutely epic. :)
Stryker
Deuced Up

Tried out HA LONG BAY on Saurkerat and it was amazing... Tho some others tend to destroy all the mountains.
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

find the secret word in the cover photo.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

CaptainDerpster wrote:
V^3 will find it

edit: not much of a secret word but still a cool idea
Zyc
Deuced Up

CaptainDerpster wrote:
<<Depster made this swag.>>

I did another wallapaper for BnS <3
There is 107 layers :)
yuiop
Veterans
Veterans

I am enjoying every bit of tspd
Stryker
Deuced Up

CaptainDerpster wrote:

Saw it :P
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Zyc is my role model :/
TheKing
League Champs
League Champs

Fun stuffs
Mr.Eagle
Deuce

all right guys? I'm here to promote my page
https://www.facebook.com/aceofspadesbr1234
(Ace of Spades World) likes there to help me; )
ToggleKill
League Participant
League Participant

Mr.Eagle wrote:
all right guys? I'm here to promote my page
https://www.facebook.com/aceofspadesbr1234
(Ace of Spades World) likes there to help me; )
Please, this is not a place to promote your facebook.

Great youtube channels of spidercooce and Frenchsniping, are actually very good, won an inscribed
16 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Official News”