Build and Shoot Launcher (Updated 3/24)

Our latest need-to-know information.
106 posts Page 1 of 8 First unread post
StackOverflow
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Important Note
The launcher has been updated this morning that will fix a bug with the updater. Disregard any updates that pop up, as they won't properly modify files. Just manually download the installer again and reinstall.

Download: http://launcher.buildandshoot.com/download

It's 11PM at the time of writing this, so what better than to announce we have released our own launcher utility. Currently, the launcher is very basic, but it contains an updater so we can quickly and easily push out updates with new features and bugfixes. Upon installation, it will override the aos:// protocol handler and enables the ability to "install" multiple game versions on your computer, without having to install and uninstall installations.

After installing the launcher, please be aware that if you run any of the game installers outside of the built in game installation manager, it will overwrite the aos:// handler, thus breaking the launcher.

It is fairly backwards compatible with older game versions, testing all the way back to v0.1. You can easily add game installations to your "library" by locating installation directories or using the MSI installers. This compatibly will be improved over time, but the primary focus right now is 0.75/0.76.

While on that note, people are constantly requesting that we provide extended support for 0.76, which we're all for. While that topic is an entire discussion in itself, I think having a multi-version launcher will help the adoption rate and will alleviate protocol conflicts between multiple installations. Our master server is fully compliant with every game version from 0.1 to 0.76, so it's getting close.

We have a lot of things planned with the launcher and the game in general. While we don't want to abandon the simplistic "click and join" methodology of the game, we would also like to provide a more "modern" approach to the game with things such as an account system, friends, stats, better anti-cheat and more. Ideally, these kinds of features will largely be opt-in, as to not abandon the current simplicity of the game.

Think of this as a bit of an "open beta" for the launcher. We will be pushing features out as they're ready and your ideas and suggestions will be very beneficial. If you have any suggestions or complaints, feel free to let us know with as much detail as possible.

After downloading the installer, select your installation director[y/ies] and you're ready to go.

Download: http://launcher.buildandshoot.com/download
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

took you long enough
Ninja_pig_pro
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Hooray now if the website is down I can still play xD
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Ninja_pig_pro wrote:
Hooray now if the website is down I can still play xD
If the website ever went down you can always view the cache the webpage shows that will still let you connect to servers
RavenScarlett
Deuce

YAY!!! :D

"Buld then snip"

Is this a typo?
ecx
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Awesome, hopefully this'll mean more people/servers on 0.76 Green_BigSmile
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

:o A launcher that I actually like.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

StackOverflow wrote:
After installing the launcher, please be aware that if you run any of the game installers outside of the built in game installation manager, it will overwrite the aos:// handler, thus breaking the launcher.
If this happens, reinstall the launcher to "fix" it.
RavenScarlett wrote:
"Buld then snip"

Is this a typo?
Nope.
RavenScarlett
Deuce

Any plans to add a built-in server list?
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

It looks awesome Stack!
Good job! Green_BigSmile
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

1. Yay!
  2. EVERYBODY GET ON 76 NOW!
  3. Source for mah linux?
  4. We need to compile tarballs of all past releases. Ah I see you can give it a MSI too.
Arszilla
Deuced Up

how do i add 0.75/6 on game installation?
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

add "new installation" in the launcher and feed it 0.76 from http://buildandshoot.com/downloads
[FF]Rambo
Deuce

I bet you already thought of this, but did you ever think about adding the ability to use a mic in-game?
Arszilla
Deuced Up

thanks but how do i get my mods back? i lost them with this damn launcher
106 posts Page 1 of 8 First unread post
Return to “Official News”