Cover photo by StopSignal
AoS League Signups
Noteworthy Picks Update
Earth Day Event
SIMOX is a map maker in the Build and Shoot community.
1) How did you discover Ace of Spades?
1) Back when i had my old laptop i was surfing internet looking for some simple games because my laptop wasn't very powerful and i was just bored. So i came across this small-games.ru site where i found Ace of Spades which looked really interesting so i gave it a shot.
2) What sparked your interest in the game when you first came across it?
2) I remember starting the game for the first time not knowing what to do. But there were so many unanswered questions and that interested me. I was a typical deuce on a field didn't know where to go or what to do. Then came across few buildings so tried my luck on building of course. But what really left a trace in my memory is when we approached a huge enemy fortification. With guns blazing everywhere, our team attacking and me feeling so lost it was an amazing experience. From that very moment i already knew that i will be playing this game more.
3) What was it you spent your time doing before you found Ace of Spades? What are you interested in now?
3) Before Ace of Spades i was mapping for Killing Floor. However i released only one map which was only a modification of another. Also worked on two of my own maps. One KF-Haze that i didn't finish for two reasons: optimizing didn't work well and my granny laptop had problems because of that, and second i didn't really like the layout. Probably because i started making that map like painting a picture. I was going for the looks first and that was my problem. Another one was inspired by the popular minecraft but i never finished that one too.
Now i might start mapping again as new laptop is running well with KF. Maybe gonna give a shot at modelling aswell.
4) What are your plans for the development of your skin modifications/ maps?
4) Well as many of you might know already i'm not going to work on mods or maps anymore. I simply lost interest in the game itself. I released few days ago This which includes all mapping stuff that i was doing. I plan on releasing pack of unfinished weapon mods because i just can't force myself to mod anymore. I just simply can't.
5) What sources of inspiration did you use for your modifications/ maps?
5) One of the main sources of inspiration was from the game called S.T.A.L.K.E.R. My first couple of mods were basically based on it. Then i got a little of inspiration from everywhere.
I always liked those views from the sky with a lot of fields separated by the bushes and trees. Just like influx Bocage map. The inspiration for the map originaly came from Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30. I really loved the look of certain areas and thought i could make a map based on those areas. It maybe didn't turn out just like i wanted but it's close enough.
6) Tell us a little about yourself, your past, what you're doing, and plan to do?
6) Well i live in a small town, graduated from high school 2 years ago. And it left so many good memories. One middle school in our town was abolished after my graduation and the high school that i graduated from came to that school. Because of that i had my first probably the best job ever. Had to break almost all desks and chairs (separate wood parts from metal) because those were old and there were replacements for them. Time just flew past while doing that. We (me and my friend) basically got paid for breaking stuff. Good times.
Now I'm studying Veterinary medicine in University of applied sciences. However i don't plan on sitting in vet clinic all day long since that is just boring. You'd say how can i know it. Well we have to be on duty for 6 hours 2 times per semester. You'd say it's not much but sometimes it gets so boring that you end up counting hours. Haven't really decided yet but gonna find something more interesting than that in future when i'll graduate.
Check out more of SIMOX's creations here
You can now signup for Season 1 of the Ace of Spades League! Apply here using this format:
- Code: Select all
Team members: list all 5 members here
Good luck to those who are participating, read the rules, and try to sign up early!
During the regular season your team is encouraged to schedule matches between as many other teams as possible. May 19th is the last day of the regular season, the following weekend we will begin the season championship tournament, where the top 8 teams fight it out in a single elimination bracket tournament.
Thepolm3 has been on fire lately, creating a bunch of quality scripts as a result of a Script request thread. That thread has been a big success so far, and he has been given a scripters badge because of it.
Dog Eat Dog
The first script he finished was a gamemode named Dog eat Dog. It's Free for all with a twist. If someone kills you, you won't respawn until someone has killed the player who murdered you. This means that for someone to win, they'll have to kill everyone on the map in one streak. Be careful though. If there is only you and one opponent left, and you manage to kill him. A wave of players might respawn because of that. Depending on how many he killed.
Test server aos://2686459584:32887
Next up is a Tournament gamemode. It's another gamemode where everyone in the server are automatically assigned one opponent. Those two players will fight to the death, the winner of the duel, will advance onto the next round. The loser on the other hand, will be forced to switch teams to spectator mode. On round 2, half of the players are eliminated, and all the winners will get a new opponent that won the previous round. This will continue until one player has won the tournament.
Scroll down a few post following that tournament link, or click Here if you're a lazy hobby horse to see the first and only map for this gamemode. It has yet to be actually tested, we somehow haven't gotten anyone to host it yet.
Now if that wasn't enough, he also created gamemode named Intel Towers. It replaces the conventional intel with intel "towers" that have to be destroyed by the enemy.
Something else that he did, was fixing the match.py script. This might be the most important thing he has done, as this is the software that is going to be used in the first season of the AoS league.
He's also in the progress of creating the Rush gamemode from BF3.
Now, is there any doubt of whether he deserved the scripter badge?
melchips created an Opengl map viewer for vxl maps which he then modified to to be a renderer for Iceball client.
Mat^2 released a trailer for Subversive Takedown
Earth day is a world wide holiday where people clean up the planet by recycling,using less power, and being kind to the environment.
So for earth day on Build and Shoot we are having a "Be Green" earth day event. In this event we want everyone to place green blocks to represent trees and chose green team when possible. Just remember that earth day is about helping the environment as you waste electricity with us. Be on the mumble at 6PM EST time to 11PM EST time if you wish to catch some players. Happy earth day!
The Build And Shoot Steam group now has over 400 members! Be sure to join it to keep in touch and play games with fellow members of our Steam community. Who knows, we might just host a Steam-exclusive event or two or three...
submitted by BlueBird
-forum risk is on its third iteration. It is based off of the classic board game Risk.
Thanks for reading, remember to submit cover photos and bloopers for the next news letter