Ohh 2.0 - A New Beginning

General information, roster, rules, and recruitment for player-organized clans.
230 posts Page 8 of 16 First unread post
Xenon
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Eimis wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Right now

We win

Nice

gg wp
#Unbeatable
[DELTA]Jon
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Reuben, there are a lot of forums that do not rely on plain insults. Planetside 2 is a good example considering that they have thousands of threads on their forums, and thousands of users who are all regulated by just 5 admins who are also players. It is all regulated perfectly and there are no insults or off topic posts on any of the threads. It is also due to not only regulation but also the forum users being very kind and knowing of what to do and what not to do. All posts are also very logical, and contain evidence instead of relying on plain insults. People who do not agree with other's opinions also never fight with one another and instead rely on their own logic and counter results. World of Warcraft is even more heavily moderated and has even more players. Think of what we should achieve considering that we only have hundreds of threads and hundreds of forum users and plenty of mods. If people on those F2P games can monitor thousands perfectly then why can't we monitor a fraction of their posts and users.
Demo123
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Since when is WoW free?

Good luck, have fun, don't die in a few weeks/months.
Hope you succeed in revitalizing Ohh.
Last edited by Demo123 on Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

[DELTA]Jon wrote:
Think of what we should achieve considering that we only have hundreds of threads and hundreds of forum users and plenty of mods. If people on those F2P games can monitor thousands perfectly then why can't we monitor a fraction of their posts and users.
Why are you asking Reuben this and not the staff?
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

hello peoples
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

EldredChandler wrote:
hello peoples
hawwt
Luatex
Veterans
Veterans

Hey,
can I have the honorary status too pls :)
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

[DELTA]Jon wrote:
Reuben, there are a lot of forums that do not rely on plain insults. Planetside 2 is a good example considering that they have thousands of threads on their forums, and thousands of users who are all regulated by just 5 admins who are also players. It is all regulated perfectly and there are no insults or off topic posts on any of the threads. It is also due to not only regulation but also the forum users being very kind and knowing of what to do and what not to do. All posts are also very logical, and contain evidence instead of relying on plain insults. People who do not agree with other's opinions also never fight with one another and instead rely on their own logic and counter results. World of Warcraft is even more heavily moderated and has even more players. Think of what we should achieve considering that we only have hundreds of threads and hundreds of forum users and plenty of mods. If people on those F2P games can monitor thousands perfectly then why can't we monitor a fraction of their posts and users.
From someone who's played Planetside 2 for a year and a half, and who's been on the PS2 forums just as long, I can attest to the fact that it is not perfectly regulated. Nor is it devoid of flaming, insults, or baseless and illogical arguments. In fact, in certain sub-forums, you will find all these things quite common. The fact of the matter is that this is the internet, no amount of moderating can completely contain such behavior.

Ace of Spades/Build and Shoot has one of the most immature, dysfunctional, and mindless communities that I've seen and I'm sure some will agree with me. However I would not place blame on the staff, nor would I place blame on individual members. In different ways, we are all to blame for the state of this community, and it is the responsibility of all members to work to better that.
Last edited by Afrodude on Sun Dec 24, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eimis
League Champs
League Champs

[DELTA]Jon wrote:
First of all, there aren't even that many admins in here, and I think they have better things to do than monitoring a forum of a dead game. Secondly, what do you expect? AoS compared to Planetside 2 (and most other games too) is quite childish, so the playerbase is naturally younger (that's my opinion). And everyone knows that children can cause a lot of drama (most of which wouldn't have even taken place if people took the internet less seriously) :p
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

imo BnS community is decent and tolerable enough compared to some of those that I've seen. Imagine BnS without any RoT/Komrades/FF etc only a bunch of vlads and rookies and you get the idea of just how bad can it get.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

[DELTA]Jon wrote:
Those forums sound like terrible overmoderated hugboxes, and I'd never want to be a part of them.
AyeNova
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Sw3G 0Oh
Lawliet
Deuced Up

Good luck
Arkger
League Participant
League Participant

What

The