Like button

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
41 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

danhezee wrote:
It is pretty sad to make alt accounts just to have more likes and it is pretty harmless... and the like button I am going to use will list all the names that liked it.
Damn there go my plans on being a secret admirer.
$Eddy$
News Team
News Team

Fleischgeruch wrote:
danhezee wrote:
It is pretty sad to make alt accounts just to have more likes and it is pretty harmless... and the like button I am going to use will list all the names that liked it.
Damn there go my plans on being a secret admirer.
Lol
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

I like the idea. But there shouldn't be a dislike button. If a person doesn't like it then they don't need to like it. Simple as that.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Why should there be a like button then?
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Well what if you wanted to support the topic by liking it? Just making a dislike button isn't necessary. You would want to support it if you liked it right? But if you didn't like the topic then just leave it be.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I won't win with you. The point is you can't be completely positive, you need a balance.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

No, You are misunderstanding me. I am saying that it is irrelevant for people to go and dislike stuff. If they don't like it then they shouldn't bother.
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

I have changed my previous opinion; it would be better to have only a like button. If one agrees with something, then , "Nuff said" by using the button. If one doesn't agree, and cares enough to share, then one should explain their thoughts.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Yeah, the like button should hopefully replace the quoting posts and "this" replies. If you actually disliked something, then some form of response should be appropriate.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

danhezee wrote:
Just to check, there won't be a "Total likes" count visible per user, will there? At the very least, not beside every post like on some forums. When that's the case, people are much more likely to game it, either consciously or not.
Jdrew wrote:
For the reason(s) I explained in my previous posts, and other people have reiterated. Hell, I'll do so myself: Lots of people on here are lazy and simply quote a post they agree with instead of actually contributing to the discussion. A like button would replace this spam and hopefully make the forum a better place. A dislike button on the other hand would not fix a problem we currently have, and would only introduce the problem of the same lazy people simply clicking dislike instead of replying with a post explaining their reasoning.
tl;dr, a like button improves discussion (by filtering out waste-of-space posts), a dislike button would stifle discussion (by removing the necessity to reply with reasoning).
Last edited by rakiru on Wed May 28, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

rakiru wrote:
danhezee wrote:
Just to check, there won't be a "Total likes" count visible per user, will there? At the very least, not beside every post like on some forums. When that's the case, people are much more likely to game it, either consciously or not.
Jdrew wrote:
For the reason(s) I explained in my previous posts, and other people have reiterated. Hell, I'll do so myself: Lots of people on ehre are lazy and simply quote a post they agree with instead of actually contributing to the discussion. A like button would replace this spam and hopefully make the forum a better place. A dislike button on the other hand would not fix a problem we currently have, and would only introduce the problem of the same lazy people simply clicking dislike instead of replying with a post explaining their reasoning.
tl;dr, a like button improves discussion (by filtering out waste-of-space posts), a dislike button would stifle discussion (by removing the necessity to reply with reasoning).
He said it perfectly.
41 posts Page 3 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”