Like button

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
41 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
PABH
Deuced Up

rakiru wrote:
Please, for the love of god, add a like button. The amount of spam on this forum from lazy people simply quoting another post they agree with rather than giving their own opinion is stupid.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Jdrew wrote:
make a dislike button too
That would just encourage people to dislike posts, rather than reply to them with their reason(s) for disagreeing. At least when people are agreeing, they often don't have (or are too lazy to think of and/or post) any extra points to make.
CommieBuffalo wrote:
I'd rather have an agree button instead of a vague "like" button but yeah, idea supported
Well, the word on the button can be whatever, but I do somewhat agree with your point.
danhezee wrote:
I looked at a few mods for a like button. Came across one that I liked. I am going test it out soon on my localhost and see if it isnt broken.
<3
$Eddy$
News Team
News Team

CommieBuffalo wrote:
I'd rather have an agree button instead of a vague "like" button but yeah, idea supported
So we don't have to do this
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

Nikhao wrote:
A cancer button would be nice as well.
I thought you would say this...
I word rather there be an "agree / disagree" button, but it might help to record how many times a person has agreed, or more importantly, disagreed. A ratio could do the job. It would be important to be able to monitor if someone is a "dislike troll" and therefore block them from using the feature. This is a bittersweet idea...
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

You are just trying to start shit.

We need an agree button, no disagree/dislike button since it would encourage/tempt trolls/half of the retarded community to disagree with/dislike every single thread made on the forums.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

We should have the ability to do both
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

There's plenty of people who would go on a person's profile and 'dislike' every single one of their posts, only out of some grudge. I doubt the same would be as common with 'liking' though.
If there will be dislike/downvote options, they just won't be as credible or significant as their counterpart.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Yeah I'm with rakiru on this one, if someone disagrees they should at least make a post explaining why, people who just hit the dislike button on someone over and over in a thread would come out looking like wimps.
Atreyu
News Team
News Team

Atreyu wrote:

I word rather there be an "agree / disagree" button, but it might help to record how many times a person has agreed, or more importantly, disagreed. A ratio could do the job. It would be important to be able to monitor if someone is a "dislike troll" and therefore block them from using the feature. This is a bittersweet idea...
Apparently what I just said was ignored... Any comments on above opinions?
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

Just because no one responded doesn't mean they didn't read it, no need to be an attention whore.
PABH
Deuced Up

Atreyu wrote:
Atreyu wrote:

Apparently what I just said was ignored... Any comments on above opinions?
I thought it was a bad idea to the point that it didn't deserve a reply.
It isn't necessary to add any other arguments when you're agreeing with someone, however when you disagree you shouldn't limit yourself to pressing a button instead of actually explaining why you do so.
I don't see why anyone would think a disagree button is a good idea, and I don't see why anyone would ever care about "dislike trolls".
tungdil
League Participant
League Participant

Agree with PABH, would give a like ;).
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Everything sounds nice and all with like buttons around but the only concern I see here is that people might end up gaming the system, i.e. accumulating likes by making false accounts, begging for likes and other sorts, etc.

Might sound low even for Jdrew but I've seen this stuff from forums that run on the XenFero sotfware which already have a like system in place.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

I'm pretty sure alt accounts are already against the rules, so it shouldn't be that large of an issue.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

It is pretty sad to make alt accounts just to have more likes and it is pretty harmless... and the like button I am going to use will list all the names that liked it.
41 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”