Offline Bots

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
37 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Reporauno
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I have bots that shoot, walk, spade, and throw grenades. :) I didn't make them, but i do have such. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeIzIU ... 5gOQ-xx08A--> 1:00 onwards.
Last edited by Reporauno on Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xenon
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Reporauno wrote:
I have bots that shoot, walk, spade, and throw grenades. :) I didn't make them, but i do have such. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeIzIU ... 5gOQ-xx08A--> 1:00 onwards.

Spoiler:
Those little fuckers are made by Lecom
Can you send me those please in a pm. With the permission from LeCom of course. Green_Happy1
Reporauno
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

I am sorry but my master has denied this request.
Xenon
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Reporauno wrote:
I am sorry but my master has denied this request.
Crap, that means I have to learn how to code.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

I think improved bots would be great, they could be in game as a placeholder until a real person joins. If we had gamemode specific bots, the gamemodes that require an active server before they are fun might have a chance of becoming active since people could join and play against bots until other joined to replace the bots.
Xenon
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

danhezee wrote:
I think improved bots would be great, they could be in game as a placeholder until a real person joins. If we had gamemode specific bots, the gamemodes that require an active server before they are fun might have a chance of becoming active since people could join and play against bots until other joined to replace the bots.
That's a really good idea. Can we make this happen?
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

We used to have a server with path finding bots that shoot, throw nades and place blocks. I think they could also find and cap the intel too. You'll have to ask LeCom for the script, pretty sure he won't give it too you though.
Reporauno
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

danhezee wrote:

They are pretty much like that on my server. Everytime a player joins, one of the bots disconnects.

@Ballistic, yes, they do cap tents/intels depending on gamemode.
Ace the king
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

$Eddy$ wrote:
There is bots that hold grenades til they explode, dealing damage to players close to them. Also on Danko's zombie survival the bots chase after players while continually spacing. But I do not think they've been able to code a script for bots that works as well as, let's say, COD bots. Ace of Spades is really a pvp game but who knows, maybe someone will be able to change that.
That script for Dumb Grenade holder bots are used for guarding bases I can get passed them lel and I love camping on them lel. IN :buildandshoot:
Ace the king
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Reporauno wrote:
Can I have them please? If you ask the owner and let me oh and clan match's tomorrow at 3 pm k rep?
Xenon
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Ace the king wrote:
Reporauno wrote:
Can I have them please? If you ask the owner and let me oh and clan match's tomorrow at 3 pm k rep?
1. Don't double post.
2. LeCom makes those bots and he's not releasing them. I already asked. It's not hard to read previous posts.
LeCom

danhezee wrote:
Yeah, that was exactly the case in reality. LeFizzy had a server with bots (1944 / classic) and it was working very well. People filled it, a few players who loved classicgen or the classic AoS came regularly, it was very fun. Until izzy banned it from the server list.

However, such a script has to be used carefully. It would be horrible to see bots on an arena or hallway server. That's why I'm not releasing it. There aren't any at least a bit populated and decent servers out there. Don't ask for trying it on localhost because it will get boring after 5 minutes anyway (Ballistic was wrong, they have no actual pathfinder. Instead they just go straight into the direction of the next intel or base and move to the side when they find an obstacle).
Ace the king
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

alright. LoL I was joking anyway I just wanted the script lol I don't even have a server.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

LeCom wrote:
Yeah, that was exactly the case in reality. LeFizzy had a server with bots (1944 / classic) and it was working very well. People filled it, a few players who loved classicgen or the classic AoS came regularly, it was very fun. Until izzy banned it from the server list.
I didn't ban it. I can't tell you why it's failing to connect to the master server, but I can tell you it's not blocked on our end.

To be clear, bots themselves are fine. However, counting bots as real players is very misleading. Don't include bots in the player count and there's no problem.
LeCom

Oh, then I apologize a lot for accusing you, sorry. LeFizzy never had even the least problems connecting to the master server and was fully sure that his server is banned, also because it said "connection lost" when attempting to connect although anyone could join as usually and it really looked like it's blocked.
I did tests with different servers and came to the conclusion that no matter what name the server has, if its player count is low, bots have few influence on how many people join, and can't break the loop of server emptiness without changing the showed player count even by 5. That's what I observed. If doing so, people come and do stay, a lot of them did actually think they're real players because of their names.
However, I stopped doing that after you told me that it's forbidden and I'm not going to break that rule. LeFizzy seems probably not to fully agree, but I guess he's a bit scared by what happened, and won't just do it either. Problem solved (I hope).
37 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”