What we messed up with with B&S

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
20 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

We're all leaving. for voxelwar. openspades is dead, VXW is all we have to hope for. the forums of AoS died once, and they will die once more. our mistakes?
-we didn't advertise our existence. our playerbase directly relies on jagex, which is a HORRIBLE THING.
-we didn't support the creators that could have saved us. greaseball was the first.
-we did not try to create a solid playerbase, and were openly hostle to new players who didn't get it, as we feared them being squeakers.
-when the writing was on the wall that it was over, we argued amongst ourselfs about what to do. the few that didn't ask for our opinion are now regarded as heroes. (cough cough, lecom, cough cough.)
-we did not design our website to be able to pivot.
-we made no effort to make a new game for two fucking years.
-our admins quit and our community followed suit.
-we made no effort to fix a problem that had clearly been known by anyone who played on the server.
-the whole time, what we worried about were the goddamn smilies. smilies.
-hateposters. (yes, I know I was one izzy, shut up!)
-izzy. 'nuff said.
tl;dr:
it's our goddamn fault!
Last edited by epicfacethe3rd on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Define 'we'
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Yes, please leave. It'll make this community better.
LeCom

It's *GreaseMonkey, and there are no "heroes" from the community's point of view. The playerbase mostly consists of CoD/CS-fans and BnS supports them. In this situation, somebody coming up with a different gameplay gets ignored and probably even disrespected. And lol, advertising arena and hallway - imagine that.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

tell me how this helps 'unfucking up' BnS
gen
Banned

im a real hero
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

I like cod and I am offended
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Vezok wrote:
Yes, please leave. It'll make this community better.
let me clarify, this is what we did wrong, not why I want to leave. my reasons for leaving are personal.
hell, I'll even change the title for you to make you happy.
Last edited by epicfacethe3rd on Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Pedroh wrote:
I like cod and I am offended
CoD is fun, I agree, but this game was not designed to be a CoD playstyle
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Zekamalikyd wrote:
tell me how this helps 'unfucking up' BnS
as a wise man once said, "your mistakes hurt you. if they keep hurting you, you haven't learned."
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
It's *GreaseMonkey, and there are no "heroes" from the community's point of view. The playerbase mostly consists of CoD/CS-fans and BnS supports them. In this situation, somebody coming up with a different gameplay gets ignored and probably even disrespected. And lol, advertising arena and hallway - imagine that.
it would still lead to a bigger playerbase than what we have now.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

EldredChandler wrote:
Define 'we'
the whole damn community.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Complaining about everybody else while you yourself have too many faults. We are hostile to the likes of you.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

how does repeating something that has been said multiple times and everyone knows qualify as helping

people returning out of fucking nowhere and doing this without actually doing anything else also plays a part in the community's death

also what's with all the hate on izzy
LeCom

neither izzy nor Stack ever go online, but they don't give control to anybody. As I already said somewhere else, somebody with close connections has to contact them and ask them to give control to some active guy.
20 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”