Smart script to ban servers from server list? P.O.O. called

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

I honestly thought my O.S. build bugged out.

Turns out server list at BnS has been shit over too. And that's not the first time.

So I suggest doing a simple script:
turn down servers that have basic few profanity words/have whitespaces only/don't have any name
turn down spam servers:
if 5 or more servers have same player count, same name and same country.
if 10 or more servers have player count != 0, same name and same country.
if 20 or more servers have same name and same country.

Or just ban the shit out of Turkey until it gets it's shit together.

EDIT: Turkey called, they weren't happy :'(
They says they did this because the community is shit (they are exempt from this rule obviously). Then they bring moar bantz and shutdown some other server. But I is of not concern, for I have of winnings award three years in row for listening to most offensive music. I is of like a cold blooded killer, you know. Like a snak or a sherk or a turtl. So I is of sayings that you hipocrips is of no concern to me, kay?
Actually I is of must apologize if you is a Person Of Opression, or POO in short. After all, you is of host server in Turkistan <3
Last edited by Chameleon on Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LeCom

The fact that the bugged server is noname indicates that something is broken in the serverlist json file generator.
Well, I did say that json sucks (not to anyone here though). It would be a good thing to see the original serverlist json file when that bug happens, so we can at least know whether it's an error with the formatting or actually the same server repeating itself.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

I believe it's same server repeating itself. I linked a topic about servers from switzerland 2015/11/22
AlphaMoonman wrote:
There's 60 servers from Switzerland all saying N***ER N***ER N***ER. Each server professes that it has one player on per server, but it's professed because I can't connect to a single one.
I would never defend BLM movement, but loudly exclaiming N***ER is not way to go either. Community's going to deterioriate and admins are going to visit less, so such server spam activities will cause increasingly more harm in the future.
Better to spam-proof server list.
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

Even better to fix this stupid game.
LeCom

I actually got a JSON file during such a bug. Yes you were right, the servers are being repeated.
I wonder what causes this. Earlier, the master server didn't do so much shit, and it's not like izzy has been tinkering with it since then. Or has he? *mystery*
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”