[SUG] Forumside Competitions & Reputation

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
17 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
shaz

Alright this is a suggestion thread for forumside competitions and reputation. I know we already kind of have some competitions going at times like videos and so on, but I think the rewards could become more forumside with the implementation of a few more forum features.

Firstly as as example there could be a small art section in which people can display their work and sets can be requested/made. In this section there can also be weekly or monthly competitions in which a topic of art is chosen and the person which has the most votes wins, with each 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, you will receive points. Once your points add up to x number you can gain a larger avatar than the default (200x200), such as 200x300 for a limited period of time (You can keep it forever if you don't remove the avatar, even if you're returned back to the default 200x200 when the limited period of time is over). If new features are added to the forum, such as sparkles to user names, where their name sparkles, that can also be used as a prize. Further more other features like having a custom title which administrators can add coloured text or images on. All these prizes can be limited only so that at some point you will want to continue playing in competitions. If you win often, who knows, you might become an organizer for being so active/experienced in competitions?
Just note that this suggestion isn't just for art competitions, but just all around in terms of the type of prizes offered forumside

Secondly, I think we should definitely have a reputation feature. The way this will work is that players can click on a button under user posts and they'll be able to either give POSITIVE or NEGATIVE rep, the POSTIVE rep will be green and add to rep points, the NEGATIVE rep will be red and remove rep points - Each time rep is added by users. There can also be a small pop out box in which users can enter messages/image using all forum codes to be able to give rep-related messages.
There will be "Reputation ranks", each rank will require a certain level of reputation points, therefore people can attempt to make decent/good posts that others can rep each other on, the not so good.. Well a neg can be given. Although there should be a feature to hide your rep points for those who don't want to take part!

I personally think that these two features if used and expanded can make the forum side of things a lot more popular and even attract more people to come join due to actual things to do on the forums / gain further forum incentives.

Thoughts?
Last edited by shaz on Sat Aug 10, 2013 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gen
Banned

i would rek you all in any competition especialy art ok
+1
and if there would be rep it should be only adding rep ok
shaz

There should be neg rep, but there can be a feature to disable rep from their profile so no one sees what rep level they are etc.
gen
Banned

disable rep from their profile so no one sees what rep level they are
wow m8 what would it be for then
shaz

Those who want rep don't disable it?
It'll be ON by default

>insertbrain
gen
Banned

then negative rep is useless as anyone with <0 would disable it 8)
>u
except for showing off like fleischy on imgur
shaz

Like I said some people would be yolo negative rep pls. You just don't lift

fight me gen
gen
Banned

no you fight me
and thats why negative rep is bad pls
shaz

gen
Banned