[IDEA] Clan Page On Sub-Forum/Sub-Section

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
20 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

are you talking about this:
danhezee wrote:
In the super top secret moderator channel we have been talking about this a lot. We haven't entirely figured out what we are going to do. But we have clans, we have user-organized events, and we have the leagues. User-organized events dont have a home and they need one badly. Same for the leagues. Clan specific sub sections are a goal and I have outline of how I imagine the software working. We arent going to do manually, it doesnt scale well. IE, we had over 3000+ concurrent players for several hours of the day and we only had 10+ sub sections. That should have been much higher. Any way my outline for how to get a subsection is below.
Creating a sub section:
---create a petition -> petition in limbo -> get enough signatures -> manual spot check -> sub section created---

Pruning petition limbo
---petition in limbo -> not enough signatures in the allotted timeframe -> petition is pruned---

Signing a petition
---find your clan / team / group petition -> sign it -> you are automatically added to that group---

Sub sections include the following features:
---a public forum -|- a private forum---
---users can petition to join---
---group leaders can accept users---
---group leaders can promote others to group leader---
---group leaders have moderator privileges---
Stryker
Deuced Up

danhezee wrote:
are you talking about this:
danhezee wrote:
In the super top secret moderator channel we have been talking about this a lot. We haven't entirely figured out what we are going to do. But we have clans, we have user-organized events, and we have the leagues. User-organized events dont have a home and they need one badly. Same for the leagues. Clan specific sub sections are a goal and I have outline of how I imagine the software working. We arent going to do manually, it doesnt scale well. IE, we had over 3000+ concurrent players for several hours of the day and we only had 10+ sub sections. That should have been much higher. Any way my outline for how to get a subsection is below.
Creating a sub section:
---create a petition -> petition in limbo -> get enough signatures -> manual spot check -> sub section created---

Pruning petition limbo
---petition in limbo -> not enough signatures in the allotted timeframe -> petition is pruned---

Signing a petition
---find your clan / team / group petition -> sign it -> you are automatically added to that group---

Sub sections include the following features:
---a public forum -|- a private forum---
---users can petition to join---
---group leaders can accept users---
---group leaders can promote others to group leader---
---group leaders have moderator privileges---
Yes But where'd you get this?? This is my IDEA...
Stryker
Deuced Up

BTW Kuma and I are thinking of what the problems would be and we have many.... We will soon discuss it...
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

subforms or sub-sections have been around for a while and have been suggested for months now. You are just one person claiming it is your idea.
Stryker
Deuced Up

Jdrew wrote:
subforms or sub-sections have been around for a while and have been suggested for months now. You are just one person claiming it is your idea.
Oh OK....
20 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”