[IDEA] Username Change Section in the UCP

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
24 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
MushieWarden
Artist
Artist

Fleischgeruch wrote:
Too many times some particularly 'gifted' people here have changed their nicks in an effort to clear their past reputation and to get a 'fresh start'. Letting everyone change their nicks any amount of time at their will would just let the autism shoot up to levels higher than BnS ever had before.
I.E.
Rookie99/American|boy/boombear
<+boombear_> if you'd like to adress the situation call my lawyer 48 (22) 206-2116
<Rookie99> leave me alone u nast MAN IM A KID D;
<+American|boy> im Rookie99,but ima go by this now it dits me
<+American|boy> ik this my final
<+American|boy> im going solo
<+American|boy> no clan no help

He changed his name 4 times in two weeks. Dumbest idea ever.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

MushieWarden wrote:
That particular person has changed his name at least 8 times (those that I know of, theoretically it could be more than 20). I think in such extreme cases the administrators should lock all accounts from the same IP and enforce the usage of just 1 account, to prevent confusion.
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Fleischgeruch wrote:
MushieWarden wrote:
That particular person has changed his name at least 8 times (those that I know of, theoretically it could be more than 20). I think in such extreme cases the administrators should lock all accounts from the same IP and enforce the usage of just 1 account, to prevent confusion.
What if you have brothers or sisters who also have accounts?
( Implying they live in the same house and use the same modem/router. )
Skynet
Modder
Modder

Maybe do something similar to Steam where it shows past names?
Xenon
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

This is just an idea, but maybe we could implement a "Clan Tag" option in the UCP where you enter in a clan tag and it shows it either in front or below your username.

In front: "[TAG] Username"
Below: "[TAG] Member" (Like on the old forum. But I know that making usergroups for specific people can be a pain)
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

Xenon wrote:
This is just an idea, but maybe we could implement a "Clan Tag" option in the UCP where you enter in a clan tag and it shows it either in front or below your username.

In front: "[TAG] Username"
Below: "[TAG] Member" (Like on the old forum. But I know that making usergroups for specific people can be a pain)
But wouldn't that include the implementation of the sub-forum for each clan again and on top of that, another clan council? With the amount of failing clans we have here, clan related usergroups would be a pain just like you said and only the few clans who deserve it should have their group made.
Xenon
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Teeth wrote:
But wouldn't that include the implementation of the sub-forum for each clan again and on top of that, another clan council? With the amount of failing clans we have here, clan related usergroups would be a pain just like you said and only the few clans who deserve it should have their group made.
Yeah that's true.
Skynet
Modder
Modder

If your clan can be organized enough to join the league and have matches I'd say that is good milestone for the clan to get their out usergroup this way no clan council is needed
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

No clan council. I am slowly working on the clan software to make clan sub sections a thing. I am going to have an arbitrary number of forums users to vouch for it. Say like 5. And probably an arbitrary time limit to get 5 users to vouch for it, like 2 weeks. And then a brief manual review before approving the clan.
24 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”