[IDEA] Username Change Section in the UCP

Comments and suggestions about the BuildAndShoot.com website.
24 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
[AAT]Greninja
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

The title pretty much says it all, I'm sure the admins are sick of people asking for people to change their usernames, I'm definitely sick of asking. If we just had a section in the UCP that allows us to change your username, the admins and I would be a lot happier.
bullets
League Participant
League Participant

People would go around faking, and tones of other immature crap that they could do, so it wouldn't be a good idea.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

or just think before you register, most sites don't allow to change your name so why should bns?
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

I don't think it's a good idea. Why can't you just stay with that username?
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

Maybe it would be easier if you didn't put a clan tag on your Username like the other retards. Why would you want to change your forum name every time you change clans? It's stupid. Like what Bullets said, if they do ever add this it would be one hell of a shitstorm considering the number of fakers we already get in-game.
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

if you could only change clear target then it us a good idea, any more editing = flat out bad idea
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

That's why you should never use your clan tag on forums, you never know if you are going to change clans.
Stryker
Deuced Up

Very Bad idea.... Think first, They might change as Admin Usernames or Famous people.... You could be banned on BnS when you're faking....

Not Accepted. I think.
Reason :
According to users you have a Bad Idea, & they are all right
bman
Deuced Up

You could just make a new account.
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

I'm pretty sure there's a limit to how many accounts you can have on the same ip.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Teeth wrote:
I'm pretty sure there's a limit to how many accounts you can have on the same ip.
Yeah, I think it is one.

But really, if you want to change your username, try asking an admin. If it is a one-time thing you shouldn't encounter any problem.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

bman wrote:
Ban.

I'd say users should only be able to edit their usernames once or twice, with previous usernames stated near their new one.
Too many times some particularly 'gifted' people here have changed their nicks in an effort to clear their past reputation and to get a 'fresh start'. Letting everyone change their nicks any amount of time at their will would just let the autism shoot up to levels higher than BnS ever had before.
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

Fleischgeruch wrote:
bman wrote:
Too many times some particularly 'gifted' people here have changed their nicks in an effort to clear their past reputation and to get a 'fresh start'.
Admittedly that is me. It doesn't really do anything and there is some sort of regret left in me after ditching my old account. But hey, that's just me. Some people get tied up on such a high level of drama they just rage quit the forums altogether.
Stryker
Deuced Up

Point is... Bad IDEA
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

Teeth wrote:
Fleischgeruch wrote:
bman wrote:
Too many times some particularly 'gifted' people here have changed their nicks in an effort to clear their past reputation and to get a 'fresh start'.
Admittedly that is me. It doesn't really do anything and there is some sort of regret left in me after ditching my old account. But hey, that's just me. Some people get tied up on such a high level of drama they just rage quit the forums altogether.
or some (like me ) just get bored of it
24 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Site Feedback”