Subversive Takedown (top-down voxel shooter)

Miscellaneous projects by the Build and Shoot community.
190 posts Page 1 of 13 First unread post
matpow2
Scripter
Scripter

NOTE: I've moved the devlog to TIGForums. I won't be updating this thread from this point on.
Hi! I'm Mathias "mat^2" Kærlev. You may know me as the author of pyspades and as one of the original developers of Ace of Spades.
I'm working on a new top-down voxel shooter called Subversive Takedown. Here's some footage:
Official website: http://mp2.dk/st/
Serverlist: http://mp2.dk/st/servers

Downloads
Download for Windows
Download for Linux i686
Download for Linux x86-64

Screenshots
Hello!

Map editor

Voxel editor

Links
We also have have an IRC channel set up at #st @ QuakeNet. Come and idle if you'd like - I will be posting frequent updates involving the development of the game!

Contribute
ST is developed in my spare time, so if you'd like to help out with its development, feel free to create models or maps and send them to me (either on IRC or mail). I will definitely include anything that's cool! The builtin voxel/map editors are a little rough at the moment, but they should be in a usable state.

Troubleshooting
For the people whose GPU doesn't support the necessary OpenGL extensions, I've compiled Windows binaries for Mesa3D/LLVMpipe, a software rasterizer: http://mp2.dk/llvmpipe.zip

To install, place opengl32.dll in the same folder as Subversive Takedown and proceed with the instructions in README.txt. Performance will be mediocre at best (until I add in VBOs). Hopefully, this will allow some people with poor integrated cards to play.

It won't fix the side-by-side configuration issue which is a totally other thing. Try installing the Visual C++ 2008 SP1 redistributable.
Last edited by matpow2 on Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:07 pm, edited 13 times in total.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Damn, that was what he is doing while in the Jagex mess.
But that there is some fine piece of work.
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

I tried it when it was still in working stage mat^2 introduced it in the AoS Channel about November or December last year. Green_Happy1
rakiru
Coder
Coder

CaptainDerpster wrote:
I tried it when it was still in working stage mat^2 introduced it in the AoS Channel about November or December last year. Green_Happy1
Good for you... Do you have any form on input here, or are you just showing off...?
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

rakiru wrote:
CaptainDerpster wrote:
Good for you... Do you have any form on input here, or are you just showing off...?
Ok Good for you too, Well I don't wanna be banned here by swearing really offensive comments......So let me say that first of all I'm not showing off ,second is It's true I'm not lying ,third of all It happened last last month and I don't have IRC logs ,and fourth of all Please don't be a douche, So that's all I guess.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

CaptainDerpster wrote:
rakiru wrote:
CaptainDerpster wrote:
Ok Good for you too, Well I don't wanna be banned here by swearing really offensive comments......So let me say that first of all I'm not showing off ,second is It's true I'm not lying ,third of all It happened last last month and I don't have IRC logs ,and fourth of all Please don't be a douche, So that's all I guess.
But isn't replying in a way which has high font size being a douche?
Fluttershy
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Hes simply asking for actual input on the game, such as "i played it, it was fun, albeit x y and z". Simply going on a thread and going "yeah I played it" isnt really contributing to the discussion and is well, bragging.

The game honestly looks too slow, but i guess it has to be if its only going to take place on the equivalent of one aos grid.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Let's get back to discussing the game instead of discussing the discussion of the game so far.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

There's not a lot to discuss until we can actually try the game ourselves. The camera looks a bit jarring, but that's probably just because I'm not controlling it, so don't know when it's going to turn.
CaptainDerpster
League Participant
League Participant

Well i found this sitting in my downloads folder http://mp2.dk/subversive/dist.zip but I'm not bragging, I don't know if it still works but I don't know.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

rakiru wrote:
CaptainDerpster wrote:
This comment...

Sorry for going off topic, but it made me mad.
CraftDinur
Deuced Up

So is mat still working on this or will it forever remain in this sort of Alpha state?
matpow2
Scripter
Scripter

Ah, hey, I didn't realize you were talking about it here.

Subversive Takedown is really just a freeware project of mine where I try and mix some of my favorite game genres. It's mostly influenced by SND Online (you probably don't remember it, it's an obscure game by now), Voxatron/Ace of Spades and Wolfensten: Enemy Territory.

In any case, here's a newer video (still not up to date):
Also, a pre pre pre alpha can be found here: http://mp2.dk/subversive/release22.zip

If you want to contribute with models or whatever, there's an inbuilt editor that you can have fun with.
10se1ucgo
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

matpow2 wrote:
Ah, hey, I didn't realize you were talking about it here.

Subversive Takedown is really just a freeware project of mine where I try and mix some of my favorite game genres. It's mostly influenced by SND Online (you probably don't remember it, it's an obscure game by now), Voxatron/Ace of Spades and Wolfensten: Enemy Territory.

In any case, here's a newer video (still not up to date):
Also, a pre pre pre alpha can be found here: http://mp2.dk/subversive/release22.zip

If you want to contribute with models or whatever, there's an inbuilt editor that you can have fun with.
Here's some models I made :D
Moghard
Deuced Up

Heh, the thing you uploaded doesn't work.
It says my graphics card does not support all openGL functions or things like that.
190 posts Page 1 of 13 First unread post
Return to “Noteworthy Picks”