The original, free Ace of Spades by Ben Aksoy. Based on the Voxlap engine. 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Also known as the "prototype" version.
User avatar
User

sed1er

Rank

Deuce

Posts

6

Joined

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 am

What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: sed1er » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:25 pm

I'm going to make this quick. I play CTF only and when i start building towers to use for defense I get froups of people destroying my tower and the groups are from my own team. They will spend the entire time making sure I can't construct a thing. A few of them say "Stop building and kill people". I'm pretty sure it's my choice weatheri want to Build and/or Shoot. Eitehr way people don't seem to understand that, that is the reason im building things. They assume i am messing around. Is anyone else getting this? It's really killing the game for me. Green_Crying
User avatar
User

TB_

Rank

Post Demon

Post Demon
Posts

999

Joined

Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:59 pm

Location

Norway

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: TB_ » Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Yeah, that's annoying. Try contacting an admin or votekick them.
Image
User avatar
User

Oldow

Rank

Deuce

Posts

24

Joined

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: Oldow » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:04 pm

or try playing the babel gamemode. babel is about an intel on a high platform, team trying to reach it by building a tower. teammates cannot destroy the tower, but enemies can, but if you like building its a good mode.
english is not my first language, many excuses
User

[Bay12]Jake

Rank

Member

Posts

32

Joined

Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:07 am

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: [Bay12]Jake » Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:55 pm

Just in the interests of being scrupulously fair to all parties, are you building those towers somewhere they're actually useful for defence? I mean, if there's a major enemy assault going on and we're in danger of being pushed back to the tent, and three or four players are blithely erecting a fancy bunker at the other end of the map... Well, it's not considered very helpful.
User avatar
User

Voxel1ty

Rank

Member

Posts

111

Joined

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:54 am

Location

Voxelfornia

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: Voxel1ty » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:06 pm

When someone builds one block wide pillar into the sky, unless they're actually doing something useful somehow, I usually can't stop myself from giving in to the urge to shoot it down and watch them fall to their death.
Image
User avatar
User

Jdrew

Rank

Blue Master Race

Blue Master Race
Posts

4087

Joined

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Location

America

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: Jdrew » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:18 pm

Well they have a point some times, if your team is under heavy fire why not put down the blocks and pick up the trigger?
Image
Attack on Deuces Storage Island YouTube channel
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
-Aristotle Onassis
User avatar
User

Voxel1ty

Rank

Member

Posts

111

Joined

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:54 am

Location

Voxelfornia

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: Voxel1ty » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:16 pm

jdrew wrote:Well they have a point some times, if your team is under heavy fire why not put down the blocks and pick up the trigger?


What do you mean, the one block wide pillars? They usually serve no purpose, especially when they're out in the open and since it's one block wide, you're pretty much asking for someone either on your team or the enemy team, to shoot out a single block and watch you smack your face on the ground below. Unless they're being used to reinforce an existing structure, you're only making yourself sniper bait.
Image
User avatar
User

Jdrew

Rank

Blue Master Race

Blue Master Race
Posts

4087

Joined

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Location

America

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: Jdrew » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:48 pm

Voxel1ty wrote:
jdrew wrote:Well they have a point some times, if your team is under heavy fire why not put down the blocks and pick up the trigger?


What do you mean, the one block wide pillars? They usually serve no purpose, especially when they're out in the open and since it's one block wide, you're pretty much asking for someone either on your team or the enemy team, to shoot out a single block and watch you smack your face on the ground below. Unless they're being used to reinforce an existing structure, you're only making yourself sniper bait.


What are you talking about? I am saying if your team is getting whooped why not help out?
Image
Attack on Deuces Storage Island YouTube channel
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
-Aristotle Onassis
User avatar
User

Voxel1ty

Rank

Member

Posts

111

Joined

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:54 am

Location

Voxelfornia

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: Voxel1ty » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 pm

jdrew wrote:
Voxel1ty wrote:
jdrew wrote:Well they have a point some times, if your team is under heavy fire why not put down the blocks and pick up the trigger?


What do you mean, the one block wide pillars? They usually serve no purpose, especially when they're out in the open and since it's one block wide, you're pretty much asking for someone either on your team or the enemy team, to shoot out a single block and watch you smack your face on the ground below. Unless they're being used to reinforce an existing structure, you're only making yourself sniper bait.


What are you talking about? I am saying if your team is getting whooped why not help out?


Right. Help out, sure...but not by making single block pillars in the middle of nowhere. I was just saying, when I see these pointless structures I can't stop myself from shooting them down.

It sounds like you're talking about actual fortifications. I was just commenting on useless pillars.
Image
User avatar
User

HoboHob

Rank

Winter Celebration 2013

Winter Celebration 2013
Posts

979

Joined

Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:02 pm

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: HoboHob » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:17 pm

Voxel1ty wrote:
Right. Help out, sure...but not by making single block pillars in the middle of nowhere. I was just saying, when I see these pointless structures I can't stop myself from shooting them down.

It sounds like you're talking about actual fortifications. I was just commenting on useless pillars.



Major communication disconnect in progress.

Please re-read his posts voxel1ty.
User avatar
User

Jdrew

Rank

Blue Master Race

Blue Master Race
Posts

4087

Joined

Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:48 pm

Location

America

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: Jdrew » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:19 pm

HoboHob wrote:
Voxel1ty wrote:
Right. Help out, sure...but not by making single block pillars in the middle of nowhere. I was just saying, when I see these pointless structures I can't stop myself from shooting them down.

It sounds like you're talking about actual fortifications. I was just commenting on useless pillars.



Major communication disconnect in progress.

Please re-read his posts voxel1ty.


Yea I was just talking to the Op then you come on and start talking crack..
Image
Attack on Deuces Storage Island YouTube channel
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
-Aristotle Onassis
User avatar
User

Voxel1ty

Rank

Member

Posts

111

Joined

Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:54 am

Location

Voxelfornia

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: Voxel1ty » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:31 am

jdrew wrote:
HoboHob wrote:
Voxel1ty wrote:
Right. Help out, sure...but not by making single block pillars in the middle of nowhere. I was just saying, when I see these pointless structures I can't stop myself from shooting them down.

It sounds like you're talking about actual fortifications. I was just commenting on useless pillars.



Major communication disconnect in progress.

Please re-read his posts voxel1ty.


Yea I was just talking to the Op then you come on and start talking crack..


Ah, your reply was right below mine so it looked like a reply to my reply. :P

It's all good. Or is it? Sure, why not.

The only thing you can really do in those situations when there's no mod around and it's impossible to votekick a griefer is to join the other team or a different server. Sometimes, joining the other team doesn't help though because they have the same idiots doing the same thing on their side too.
Image
User avatar
User

sed1er

Rank

Deuce

Posts

6

Joined

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 am

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: sed1er » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:16 am

Well i am playing on the hallway map sever. where you are mostly pushed back to your own based and im setting up walls for people to use as cover so they dont get shot from up above and so the other team has a difficult time fighting through. Then the grenades set in and my team even makes me crash out of the game when they place blocks on me lol. I can see most doing it because they don't see any repercussions.
User avatar
User

sed1er

Rank

Deuce

Posts

6

Joined

Fri Dec 14, 2012 12:30 am

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: sed1er » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:20 am

Oldow wrote:or try playing the babel gamemode. babel is about an intel on a high platform, team trying to reach it by building a tower. teammates cannot destroy the tower, but enemies can, but if you like building its a good mode.


I saw that as a gametype and was wondering what it was and why so many people were playing it. Definitely going to check that out. Thanks.
User avatar
User

Oldow

Rank

Deuce

Posts

24

Joined

Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:09 pm

Re: What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

Author: Oldow » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:23 pm

sed1er wrote:I saw that as a gametype and was wondering what it was and why so many people were playing it. Definitely going to check that out. Thanks.


it has its own drawbacks of course, but if anyone really likes to build, it is the one mode to play I think.
english is not my first language, many excuses
Next

Who is online

Registered users: Baidu [Spider], Brentus, Google [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], MSNbot Media, MushieWarden, Xkay7

Powered by phpBB ® | phpBB3 Style by KomiDesign