DeuceCamp: tutorial videos

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
40 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Fawad
League Champs
League Champs

Thank you for the spade-nade trick, I did not know how to do that until now. I once asked a bns admin/mod regarding this very thing, I was never met with an answer. Im happy to see you take the initiative and show us this.

If it isn't too much I would like to place a request, can you make a video showing people how to do the double block climb trick? The thing some people use to climb towers faster.Like this one.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I will work on it though I also have a bit of trouble with it Blue_Tongue

*remade wallpop video
Eraaaaz
League Participant
League Participant

Why the hell do you "want" to crouchspam?
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I don't want to crouch spam as it hurts my hand and makes my fingers sore but other players may see people do it and wonder how they do it so what better to do then to make a video about it.
Eraaaaz
League Participant
League Participant

Well why do you make the video in the first place if you don't know why you should do it? (no offense but you might should do guides about stuff that you master or do very well)
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Spoiler:
Episode 4: wall climbing
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

That's something pretty helpful. :)
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I will most likely remake it once my nose clears up as I could hear myself breathing too much through the video
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

Jdrew wrote:
I will most likely remake it once my nose clears up as I could hear myself breathing too much through the video
Yea, it would be nicer. And you must have been in mumble, since around 2:25 or somethat, you hear someone enter the channel. (Not that it matters at, just saying.)
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

MKU wrote:
#2) Crouch spamming should not be taught, seeing that it is a disease and not a tactic.
Maybe we need a charity fund to raise money to help those afflicted.
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

Jdrew wrote:
Spoiler:
Episode 4: wall climbing
Thanks for this. I've always wondered how people do that on the intel towers in the League.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

what should the next video be on?
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Spoiler:
episode 5: shotgun overview in OpenSpades 0.10

The shotgun is a lot more accurate and deadly in 0.10 as show in the video. It is a one shot kill at 35 meters( as long as you are at the chest), a two shot kill at ~40 meters, and three shot kill at 50 meters. Although it might not be the best for destroying intel towers it is a great weapon for close to mid range.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

Almost a good episode and ill go ahead and compliment you on episode 4 as it was also good. But comparing the shotgun from voxlap and OpenSpades without using voxlap to make any comparisons doesnt make any sense.

If the shotgun is drastically different in each version that is good information to know and it can be corrected. But this video isnt done correctly.

Now you did some parts of it correctly. Firing at the deuces at fix intervals is the way to do it. Slowly sighting in and making sure everything is centered is also. However, you should have reset and did it for voxlap. And then repeated it 10x for each version. If you want to be lazy 5x. Track how many shots it took. Give us a break down of averages. Say for example "voxlap on average takes 2 shots to kill at 30 blocks and 4 to kill at 50 blocks compared to OpenSpades which takes 4 shots at 30 and 19 at 50".

It would be interesting and useful if a video like that was made. And if you are going to do this dont fire your gun and say it doesnt count because it didnt kill a deuce.
CommieBuffalo
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

Yeah, agreed with dan. You could also have color-coded the targets, so you didn't have to guess whether it was 25 blocks away or 30 blocks away.
40 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”