Well, This is Sad...

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
29 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Stuart98
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

What is this, you may wonder? It's the people that were playing on a classicgen server a few minutes ago. On Steam AoS. 22 people not counting myself playing on classic gen on Steam AoS. Guess how many are playing on Classicgen on BnS? 2. Yes, just 2. It's sad when more people are playing AoS as it was meant to be on Steam AoS than on BnS. This should not be the case.

Kill hallway and pinpoint already. Classic AoS gameplay is what BnS is about, but Steam AoS is doing a better job of it. This simply isn't acceptable.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Meh, I guess you have a point and I really could give a fuck less about hallway and pinpoint,but for some people gamemodes like hallway and pinpoint are the reason they stay.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I think we should highlight the aloha.pk classic-gen server for a week at the top of list so it can get my spot light
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

That isn't classic gen if i recall. By that, I mean it is a static map not randomly generated and it doesn't look like classic gen. And the shading on the map doesn't match the actual terrain. So in my eyes that is worse than any map that is on rotation within the build and shoot community.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Yeah, that's not classicgen, it's a shitty map that's pretty much made for spawncamping.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Pointless but related image of my score.
Blockbuster
Deuced Up

Who gives a fuck if people like the maps or not. You really want to keep killing this game so that some kids can keep playing on hallway and pinpoint? It's about adapting to terrain. That's what Ben wanted it to be, and that's what bam should do. Not make the same dumb ass decisions and ideas jagex is prone to do.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Just trying to start another fight again are we?
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Blockbuster wrote:
That's what Ben wanted it to be,
I'm glad we have you, his personal psychologist and life-long friend, with us.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Stuart98 wrote:
Kill hallway and pinpoint already. Classic AoS gameplay is what BnS is about, but Steam AoS is doing a better job of it. This simply isn't acceptable.
Yes, I agree. At this point with 0.75 it's pretty much free blocky-style Cawadoody.

But the "Classic" map on 1.x is not classicgen, otherwise the map would be random every time and wouldn't be so shitty. I think GreaseMonkey has a proper classicgen somewhere on the Steam Workshop that works with 1.x for a custom match though. Bad thing is nobody would go on it, because nobody goes on custom matches, so you'd have to wait until the dedicated servers go out of beta and someone starts hosting classicgen servers.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Jdrew wrote:
Just trying to start another fight again are we?
No Jdrew, you are just trying to start another fight again by saying that.
1Shot1Kill wrote:
Yes, I agree. At this point with 0.75 it's pretty much free blocky-style Cawadoody.

But the "Classic" map on 1.x is not classicgen, otherwise the map would be random every time and wouldn't be so shitty. I think GreaseMonkey has a proper classicgen somewhere on the Steam Workshop that works with 1.x for a custom match though. Bad thing is nobody would go on it, because nobody goes on custom matches, so you'd have to wait until the dedicated servers go out of beta and someone starts hosting classicgen servers.
I agree with free and block-style, but 0.75 isn't like CoD, AoS 1.x is more like CoD.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

I love how in about a year's time the community went from mad at Jagex for trying to limit how we can play the game to wanting their own arbitrary limits enforced.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
I love how in about a year's time the community went from mad at Jagex for trying to limit how we can play the game to wanting their own arbitrary limits enforced.
Eh, I think more people just want a banner attached to 0.76 promoted as the "main version" so that mindless kiddies flock to that instead.

I used to want that I lot, but I kind of stopped caring.
Stuart98
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

You know why no one cares anymore? Because the current state of build and shoot is complete and total ****. Awful maps like Hallway, where there's no construction, only destruction and spawn killing, and pinpoint, where there's no digging, no tunneling, are being overplayed and no one is playing good maps. It's gotten to the point where if you want to play half decent maps where there's tunneling and construction, even if there's spawn killing in small amounts, you need to go to 1.0. Iceball has died because no one cared to promote it, Openspades isn't solving anything, and no one cares to even do such a simple thing as encouraging a move to a newer version with better balance.

What on earth is the admin's deal with .75? Did Ben hesitate to drop support for an older version pre Jagex? No, when he had a better version out he pushed it and made it mandatory. Old versions get replaced with newer versions. Why don't the admins get this?

If Build and Shoot is to survive, we NEED to do something to help it do so. Sitting back and letting everything rot in front of Arena, hallway, and Babel with a broken balance is not the way to help BnS grow. This lack of action is killing BnS and will perhaps do so beyond recovery if the admins don't get off their ***es and do something. BnS will die as long as everything is allowed to rot. Do you want that to happen? I sure don't.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Why don't you suggest something then?
29 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”