Should servers have flag returns?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post

Should servers have flag returns?

23%
yes
77%
no

Total votes: 13

Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=75&t=9180

So after playing titan-fall and other games I was wondering, should servers have flag returns? Babel has it so that it forces you to have a tower which is understandable but what about normal CTF servers? I think each side is debatable. For me I think it is a no, it annoys the crap out of me because I have to go to the other side of the map and bring it back with out dieing. What about you guys?
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

I think it really depends on the gamemode, and the map in my opinion.

CTF,TDM etc..: NO

Babel etc...: Depends on map
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

I do not think we should have flag returns because they would ruin many attempts to get the Intel and would make it easier to defend causing long stalemates.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

The answer is too dependent on the map the server is running. imo, since a 100% vanilla server would commonly host games that last upwards of 3 hours (games where no one stays around until the end), intel returns should be disabled by default, perhaps togglable, but you can already achieve all of this through server-side scripts. Why am I even saying this? It isn't as if we can change it.
Eimis
League Champs
League Champs

Hell no. The gameplay is slow enough, with intel returns it would be even worse.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I'd say flag returns should only exist if the intel was dropped on water. That way, it makes the defending team have to actually build defenses around it.
If it drops on water, it should be like an 5 minute timer as well.
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Vezok wrote:
I'd say flag returns should only exist if the intel was dropped on water. That way, it makes the defending team have to actually build defenses around it.
If it drops on water, it should be like an 5 minute timer as well.
As someone who has nothing else to say about the topic, I support this.
scrawl
Veterans
Veterans

I don't think servers should have flag returns at all.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Reset on touch can be good because otherwise if your team's intel drops too close to the enemy's base then it's nearly impossible for your team to actually defend it there. So maybe only reset on touch if your team's intel is anywhere on the enemy's side of the map?

I say reset, which is different than return. Reset means any coordinate within your team's random spawn area, return means initial coordinate assigned on round start. Return results in a dull, repetitive defense situation, while reset changes up defense situations the same way a captured intel does.

For this game, reset sure why not, return not for me.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

izzy wrote:
Reset on touch can be good because otherwise if your team's intel drops too close to the enemy's base then it's nearly impossible for your team to actually defend it there. So maybe only reset on touch if your team's intel is anywhere on the enemy's side of the map?

I say reset, which is different than return. Reset means any coordinate within your team's random spawn area, return means initial coordinate assigned on round start. Return results in a dull, repetitive defense situation, while reset changes up defense situations the same way a captured intel does.

For this game, reset sure why not, return not for me.
Resting the intel after it is stolen and dropped would be a good a good idea if it had a time limit until it resets.
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”