New (maybe) Mode "Build Then Shoot"

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Cosmo_Kane
Deuce

Note: This mode may already exist but I can't find a page with information on the existing modes and their abbreviations, and who wants to try every single mode to find out what they do?
Hi everybody! I'm just here to pitch an idea for a new mode: "Build Then Shoot" (or BTS.) It should help encourage building and creativity and make the game more interesting.

The way it works is simple: for the first half of the game, (or quarter... or eighth) an invisible wall is drawn through the center of the map to stop the players from immediately hunting each other down, during this period, all players have infinite blocks to fortify and carve their territory with, allowing the teams to enjoy the building part of the game uninterrupted.

Once a certain amount of time passes however, the wall and the limitless supply of blocks disappear, allowing everybody to go nuts. These rules can be applied to any existing game mode. (eg. bts-ctf)

The idea is rooted in my (possibly isolated) frustration with firefights breaking out as soon as the game starts leaving no time to be creative.

Hope you enjoy and support the idea, thanks!
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

land-mines could be used to separate a portion of the map but I don't know how disabling them would work
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Or you could just toggle killing for the first ~15 min and then toggle it again for the rest of the round.
Cosmo_Kane
Deuce

Ballistic wrote:
Or you could just toggle killing for the first ~15 min and then toggle it again for the rest of the round.
Yeah, it wouldn't feel right having your enemies wander around you while you're preparing to kill them though.
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

This gamemode is played on "Aloha.pk Fortwars" : aos://1379434439:47887
Cosmo_Kane
Deuce

_Frocs_ wrote:
This gamemode is played on "Aloha.pk Fortwars" : aos://1379434439:47887
Thanks I'll try it!
learn_more
Coder
Coder

Jdrew wrote:
land-mines could be used to separate a portion of the map but I don't know how disabling them would work
would be trivial to add, given that there are atleast 2 braincells available.

take minefield_debug as starting point.
Spidercooce
Deuced Up

Cosmo_Kane wrote:
Note: This mode may already exist but I can't find a page with information on the existing modes and their abbreviations, and who wants to try every single mode to find out what they do?
Hi everybody! I'm just here to pitch an idea for a new mode: "Build Then Shoot" (or BTS.) It should help encourage building and creativity and make the game more interesting.

The way it works is simple: for the first half of the game, (or quarter... or eighth) an invisible wall is drawn through the center of the map to stop the players from immediately hunting each other down, during this period, all players have infinite blocks to fortify and carve their territory with, allowing the teams to enjoy the building part of the game uninterrupted.

Once a certain amount of time passes however, the wall and the limitless supply of blocks disappear, allowing everybody to go nuts. These rules can be applied to any existing game mode. (eg. bts-ctf)

The idea is rooted in my (possibly isolated) frustration with firefights breaking out as soon as the game starts leaving no time to be creative.

Hope you enjoy and support the idea, thanks!
Sounds good
Blockbuster
Deuced Up

Ballistic wrote:
Such a quality post.

More wisdom, please.
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Blockbuster wrote:
Ballistic wrote:
Such a quality post.

More wisdom, please.
Unlike you, I'm just trying to help...
You are the one posting with sarcasm and bad intentions all the time, so correct yourself before you correct others.
Blockbuster
Deuced Up

Ballistic wrote:
Blockbuster wrote:
Ballistic wrote:
Such a quality post.

More wisdom, please.
Unlike you, I'm just trying to help...
You are the one posting with sarcasm and bad intentions all the time, so correct yourself before you correct others.
Such honorable and selfless reason!
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”