Mapping ideas?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
35 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I am running out of ideas for maps. If anyone had any ideas for a map that would be great. I am thinking of redoing a few of my previous maps but I still need more ideas. Thanks. Below is a rough list of ideas from you guys:
Spoiler:
Captain_Pi wrote:
Map is entirely underground, or at least most of it. 3 x 3 tunnels or larger make up most of the playing field, along with a couple of small rooms or large halls. These tunnels simply wrap around each other and intersect, forming an ant farm-like battlefield that will probably end up up being symmetric on both ends of the map. The map will probably do well with Capture the Intel or Deathmatch.
Spidercooce wrote:
Don't you think it would be cool or maybe even innovative to have something similar to the mission in COD Ghosts where the entire map gets flooded? I think it would be awesome having to jump across rooftops and not fall into the water and drown.To get around you could jump on the tops of floating buses and cars or things similar to that.
pedroelrapist wrote:
ThisFrickinSite wrote:
Once upon a time, I was making a push map where each team's islands were houses in a neighborhood. Typical semi-modern 1 to 2 story houses. I forget what it was that the tent was on/in. I decided to go for a flooded neighborhood, because it made the houses somewhat harder to grief since they are... easy to grief.
Vezok wrote:
Jdrew, make something where you can actually tunnel or build underground.
Last edited by Jdrew on Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nikhao
League Champs
League Champs

Make a something from insurgency plspls
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

I'm serious this would be a good map, similar to goon assault. Just add some more details

Well give this is a try it's from black ops 2, one of my favorite maps http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Grind
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Say more stupid shit and wait for people to turn the pastebins of said shit into maps.
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

Once upon a time, I was making a push map where each team's islands were houses in a neighborhood. Typical semi-modern 1 to 2 story houses. I forget what it was that the tent was on/in. I decided to go for a flooded neighborhood, because it made the houses somewhat harder to grief since they are... easy to grief. I managed to accidentally delete the map when I was just about done with it. I cried for 30 minutes.

Carry the torch.

Edit: I accidentally a big word.
Last edited by ThisFrickinSite on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder
Former Admin / Co-founder

ohhh it could be a hurricane katrina map
Conduit
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

danhezee wrote:
ohhh it could be a hurricane katrina map
wow very insensitive dan
why dont we make an auschwitz map too
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

Those are both very good ideas, yes conduit you were actually good for once. The concentration camp won't be done for about a month but the push map should be out by the middle of may. Any more ideas?
Dominis
League Participant
League Participant

make anticbridge with 20 bridges
ThisFrickinSite
Deuced Up

Jdrew wrote:
Those are both very good ideas, yes conduit you were actually good for once. The concentration camp won't be done for about a month but the push map should be out by the middle of may. Any more ideas?
Auschwitz is pretty bland. Even if all of the buildings were still standing...
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

could mix up the design of the buildings to make it into a close quarters map though
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Stop producing content.
+You forgot to make all of the BF4 maps, so make those.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I don't own BF4
valkyriiking
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I vote for Insurgency maps! that or BF2 CQC maps that shouldn't be hard
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

valkyriiking wrote:
I vote for Insurgency maps! that or BF2 CQC maps that shouldn't be hard
I think this isn't in the right section of the forums and should be moved to the mapping section.
35 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”