Server Disconnect

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
SkyFire109
Deuce

Can't seem to find a help section so ima post here.Anyways, After a long break from AoS I came back but I found AoS was uninstalled so I reinstalled the launcher but for some reason the AoS folder was messed up so i repaired it and it didn't work then I tried the .75 installer but it still didn't work so a few attempts later,I gave up.Then over a long period of time I repeatedly tried to get it to work but the furthest i could get was the AoS windows coming up but it was white and stayed white.Now I've tried again and it gets to the loading screen and then says 'Server Disconnect'.This happens on all servers no matter what and I've tried finding someone with a similar case but all I can find is server hosters.Don't bother asking for specs, I don't think my PC has a sound card and if it does, it's frazzled and my Graphics card is so old that on the system thing,next to graphics card there's just a blank space and I'm still on XP which as you may know has had it's support dropped but it has run AoS many times so I'm sure it's capable of running AoS. Basically I can't run AoS because it says 'Server Disconnect' and I'm Using Launcher v1.2 Blue_Crying
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Did you try deleting your AoS folders and reinstalling the launcher?
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Are you sure your ISP isn't just crappy?
SkyFire109
Deuce

Ballistic wrote:
Did you try deleting your AoS folders and reinstalling the launcher?
I'm gonna try that now

and to the other guy,it's a possibility.

EDIT: btw when you say launcher you mean the BnS Launcher right? cos the default installer doesn't work anymore cos i accidentally deleted 'Play Ace of Spades.url'
Ok so I've located a 0.75 installer and used that for 0.75 instead of my own folder but it still doesn't work so right now the only thing I can think of is a crap ISP
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Have you tried downloading and using Openspades? if not, you can probably try it.
SkyFire109
Deuce

As I said previously,my graphics card is crap so I can't use OpenSpades.That's also one of the only reasons i played AoS,it was one of the only good games to play
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

SkyFire109 wrote:
As I said previously,my graphics card is crap so I can't use OpenSpades.That's also one of the only reasons i played AoS,it was one of the only good games to play
If you are using a desktop computer, if you have the money you should upgrade your GPU, the AMD HD5450 for approx $30 would be good enough for OpenSpades.
learn_more
Coder
Coder

or use the sw renderer from os.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Sounds like a weak network connection. Are you using wireless?
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

learn_more wrote:
I don't know if it's just my laptop, but when I use the software renderer it runs slower than the OpenGL renderer.
Ballistic
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

1Shot1Kill wrote:
learn_more wrote:
I don't know if it's just my laptop, but when I use the software renderer it runs slower than the OpenGL renderer.
OpenGL is faster than voxlap iirc
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”