How important is building/destroying to the game?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
24 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Building is a key component to the core spirit of this game. In some ways it evens everything out and literally puts you all on an equal standing. What you build can be destroyed, and respectively so can theirs. I won't lie that frustrated me for a while until I realised that as unsafe I am is also how potentially unsafe they can be. I mean like most of the people who play I mostly focused on the killing and less on the building but lately I've taken more pleasure in sitting back, repairing things and adding onto.

I miss some of the crazy forts people used to build on Minit with multiple floors and rooms and stuff. So I'd say building is as viable as shooty killing.
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

Juxta wrote:
I miss some of the crazy forts people used to build on Minit with multiple floors and rooms and stuff. So I'd say building is as viable as shooty killing.
Or those big fucking towers spanning across the whole side of the map on goonassault :D
When I first played that map I thought I was playing on a bombed rectanglecity.
Xpert658
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

There are four types of people who play this game:
1. Shooters/Infantry/Anything to do with war: This makes up about 50-60%, more or less, of AoS's players.
2. Builders: These people build stuff to support the... shooters or whatever you like to call them. They don't kill much.
3. Hybrids: Can build impromptu and fire at enemies. This should be the recommended play style. (I don't build much though)
4. Hax0rs/Trollers/Griefers: Self explanatory, but anyway, there's only one thing needed for these people: le banhammer.
Heyo
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Building magenta phallic symbols is what sets this game apart from all others
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Heyo wrote:
No no sir you are only half correct.

The freedom to build magenta phallic symbols, is what sets this game apart from all others.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

I say it is very important. Because without building, it is just a shooter. What if you want quick cover even though the map is completely flat? Build that is what you would do. It makes ace of spades ace of spades.
Venator
League Participant
League Participant

Juxta wrote:
Heyo wrote:
No no sir you are only half correct.

The freedom to build magenta phallic symbols, is what sets this game apart from all others.
Sadly this ffreedom isnt given on every server :<
strawhatpirate
Modder
Modder

Yup, definitely what I need, new hardwood floors. In Spokane...
Tai
Deuced Up

Eimis wrote:
push?
Building Beyond The Fogline - The Game
24 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”