Why does everybody hate smg users?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
75 posts Page 5 of 5 First unread post
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Because the OP is literally asking for an argument?
Keybladewarrior
Deuce

This is BULLSHIT! smg is definetly not noobish, it firstly requires more accuracy skill then shotgun, with the spread, and secondly, it is SHIT! at long range, compared to the rifle so if you think it soo CRAP then go play a game WITHOUT smg's you retards.

Lastly, a rifle can also be a very nooby weapon because people just camp and rack up kills with this almost instakill rifle!
Darksand
League Participant
League Participant

Hi to you too Eddy.
Last edited by Darksand on Sun Jun 29, 2014 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Keybladewarrior wrote:
This is BULLSHIT! smg is definetly not noobish, it firstly requires more accuracy skill then shotgun, with the spread, and secondly, it is SHIT! at long range, compared to the rifle so if you think it soo CRAP then go play a game WITHOUT smg's you retards.

Lastly, a rifle can also be a very nooby weapon because people just camp and rack up kills with this almost instakill rifle!
Yes, rifle can be a very nooby weapon, one shot to the head is nooby-er than a whole magazine to everywhere.

With that aside, SMG is a noob weapon because it's easy to use, simple. Just aim at the general direction of your opponent then empty the magazine, how hard is that? Relatively low recoil, high firerate, good ammo capacity makes any bad player becomes good. And the good becomes god-like(those like that Darksand guy many of you have been talking about). We hate SMGs, at least in .75 because it takes virtually no skills to operate, but still can kill a much more experienced player.
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

strawhatpirate wrote:
It shows that you have a lack of skill. Since the rifle is harder to use at close and mid range, while the smg requires no skill at those ranges and requires some skill at long range...
strawhatpirate wrote:
I will still claim that the smg is the favored weapon of the newbs, and it is, 99% of the time it's a sign of a unskilled player, not someone who has learned how to use it properly (i.e. colorpinpoint). You can use it all you want, but I will still consider you a noob.
Warp wrote:
The SMG is a noob gun, true. It is very easy to use and doesn't require much skill.
willy wrote:
SMG is easier to pick up and kill with but requires a far larger learning curve to use as effectively as a top-tier rifle player would with the rifle.
aidybee wrote:
If smg users are like me they are a bunch of idiots.
MrHaaax wrote:
SMG is a noob weapon because it's easy to use, simple.
There, just summed up the entire fucking thread for anymore blatant fags who just scroll down the the "REPLY" button, thinking their opinion on the topic is worth any merit, only to say the same thing over and over -

"SMG is a noob weapon."

This post does not imply that the argument holds no truth. It's true and that most of the posts are valid and agreeable. The only problem is that the truth is so obvious yet idiots still decide to lengthen the argument by repeating the same point, only with different sentences.

Like what you like, hate what you hate. You get killed by an SMG user all the time? Whining about the SMG's existence won't grant you a solution. It's your fucking fault for playing the game in the first place.
learn_more wrote:
people get owned and then they find a reason to cry.

/thread
Phoenix33
Deuce

$Eddy$ wrote:
Phoenix33 wrote:
The thing is, smg users are most commonly people who, as you put it "can't aim, can't dodge, can't handle predictable recoil". The rifle can just kill an smg user in one shot. If the smg user happens to be good, it will take at least two shots. Rifle users can just stand behind a two block high barricade, and assuming they are good with rifle like the smg user they are going up against is good with an smg, they can momentarily quick scope, and duck. The smg user has to stand, take a couple moments to adjust their shot to handle the recoil based on where the enemy is standing, then duck. You can see which player will most likely win. Anyway, I have seen nearly first time Aos players use the same arguments as you have, and based on when you joined anyone can see the hypocrisy.
Seriously, what's up with people joining and continuing arguments? The same thing happened in the CTRL thread.

#lurkmuch
You are talking about a very specific situation. Why would they have to pre-adjust for recoil? You can adjust while firing as long as you keep moving your mouse down. It's not like the rate of recoil changes. If both players are using a barricade, the SMG user can pop out and spray four or five bullets at the other player and then duck back down. If the other player tries to kill them while their doing that, they will be killed by the spraying SMG first unless they aim and fire very quickly (and that's assuming they are lucky enough to hit with the rifle).

And yeah, I've been lurking for months, but you don't really care about that because my post count is tiny which apparently somehow makes me a hypocrite.
$Eddy$
News Team
News Team

MrHaaax wrote:
Keybladewarrior wrote:

Yes, rifle can be a very nooby weapon, one shot to the head is nooby-er than a whole magazine to everywhere.

With that aside, SMG is a noob weapon because it's easy to use, simple. Just aim at the general direction of your opponent then empty the magazine, how hard is that? Relatively low recoil, high firerate, good ammo capacity makes any bad player becomes good. And the good becomes god-like(those like that Darksand guy many of you have been talking about). We hate SMGs, at least in .75 because it takes virtually no skills to operate, but still can kill a much more experienced player.
Amen
Phoenix33
Deuce

$Eddy$ wrote:
MrHaaax wrote:

Amen
So... you argue with me and then this person says the exact same thing I've been saying except without numbers and you say "amen." Was it just because I hadn't posted anything before?
$Eddy$
News Team
News Team

MrHaaax wrote:
We hate SMGs, at least in .75 because it takes virtually no skills to operate
Edit: That is the part I agree with
Phoenix33
Deuce

$Eddy$ wrote:
MrHaaax wrote:
We hate SMGs, at least in .75 because it takes virtually no skills to operate
Edit: That is the part I agree with
There was quite a bit more than that in what he said. But yes, this is probably the biggest reason people don't like the SMG. I wouldn't go as far to say "no skill", but it's easier to use than the rifle or shotgun.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

The SMG has a greater advantage at close range, the rifle is easier to use at long range.
Afrodude
Blue Master Race
Blue Master Race

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
The SMG has a greater advantage at close range, the rifle is easier to use at long range.
/thread
DirtyMeat
Deuced Up

Well SMGs are kinda cheap. First off it may require skills to use it properly, but then again the rifle also requires skills. Sure you may say "if you don't like SMGs go to the NO SMGs server you retard" but the problem is either nobody goes there or you're playing on a game mode you like. But the silver lining is:people may find SMGs useful for destroying buildings. In my opinion if you kill me fairly which is head to head by accident that's fine. But if you sneak around the enemy base and start camping taking out one by one, for me that's just a fucking bad move. People find it cheap because basically it's a rifle but a cheaper version. Here's why:
1.You can headshot like crazy with no skill what so ever
2.If you miss you still get 90% chance of killing a Rifle user
3.Since it's fully automatic you can get a crew to line up in a 2 block barrier and just mow people down.

I find it quite useful for Arena servers as so Arena servers are more fast pace and require no building. The time limit is usually 3.50 minutes so it's more towards fast pace rounds instead of slow and strategic.

Those are my thoughts regarding the SMG.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

DirtyMeat wrote:
Well SMGs are kinda cheap. First off it may require skills to use it properly, but then again the rifle also requires skills. Sure you may say "if you don't like SMGs go to the NO SMGs server you retard" but the problem is either nobody goes there or you're playing on a game mode you like. But the silver lining is:people may find SMGs useful for destroying buildings. In my opinion if you kill me fairly which is head to head by accident that's fine. But if you sneak around the enemy base and start camping taking out one by one, for me that's just a fucking bad move. People find it cheap because basically it's a rifle but a cheaper version. Here's why:
3.Since it's fully automatic you can get a crew to line up in a 2 block barrier and just mow people down.

I find it quite useful for Arena servers as so Arena servers are more fast pace and require no building. The time limit is usually 3.50 minutes so it's more towards fast pace rounds instead of slow and strategic.

'June 29th, 2014, 11:58 pm'
Look at the date. Please. I'm begging you.
DirtyMeat
Deuced Up

MrHaaax wrote:
DirtyMeat wrote:

'June 29th, 2014, 11:58 pm'
Look at the date. Please. I'm begging you.
Shit my bad. pls no h8
75 posts Page 5 of 5 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”