Why does thhe game sucks when you play with bad people.

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Shinzon
Deuce

I want to write this, to tell everyone that Ace Of Spades isn't really funny all times.
Every time I do a REALLY BIG construction, like giants stairs to get on top of the map and help the team to, this kind of things,
I'm happy to be usefull and I'm happy to build, and to shoot when some of the opponent team come to my construction.

BUT.
There's always one F****** MORON of your team who come over, change it totally (by change I mean waste),
or, destroy your building.
This kind of things is really annoying.
And no one is doing shit.
1h work goes in ashes.
Congratulations Moron teammates.

So what do you think of these persons?
What would you do to a BIG CONSTRUCTION of YUR TEAM?
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Griefers? You can always votekick them.
Better yet, play servers with good reputation, like Minit. If there's any griefers, you can always report straight to the admin, who should be active 24/7.
Teeth
League Participant
League Participant

Yeah it all comes down to the overall management of the server in the end. It's to be expected in ANY game to have a troll somewhere trying to ruin the fun.
Fleischgeruch
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

What you describe is called 'griefing' and it has been a thing long before Ace of Spades existed and will always exist in every server and every game where griefing is achievable because you're dealing with people. It's only natural for a ridiculously large structure to be broken since it has no real purpose other than aesthetics. Whatever structure doesn't help your team kill the advancing enemy or protect your intel serves no real purpose since this is a shooter game. if said structures get knocked down it probably does more good than bad since it discourages you from wasting time making pointless things.
In most popular servers there are admins who can toggle griefers' building rights or just ban. Or you can stop crying and /votekick.
Probably break it, since it sucks when your teammates are wasting time playing minecraft in AoS.

tl;dr stop being butthurt over some blocks in some game and go play minecraft
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

"Why does thhe game sucks when you play with bad people."

This made me lol so much I thought OP was trolling. It's practically another analogy of saying; "Why does my pizza taste terrible when there's shit on it?"
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

All you need is a server with teamkilling on grief.
I think it's funny when I get the most points on my team by killing all the griefers.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

You answered your own question in the title.
Phoenix33
Deuce

The game has an emphasis on teamwork and creativity. Of course it's going to suck if you play with bad people.
Jedelas
Veterans
Veterans

Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Fleischgeruch wrote:
What you describe is called 'griefing' and it has been a thing long before Ace of Spades existed and will always exist in every server and every game where griefing is achievable because you're dealing with people. It's only natural for a ridiculously large structure to be broken since it has no real purpose other than aesthetics. Whatever structure doesn't help your team kill the advancing enemy or protect your intel serves no real purpose since this is a shooter game. if said structures get knocked down it probably does more good than bad since it discourages you from wasting time making pointless things.
In most popular servers there are admins who can toggle griefers' building rights or just ban. Or you can stop crying and /votekick.
Probably break it, since it sucks when your teammates are wasting time playing minecraft in AoS.

tl;dr stop being butthurt over some blocks in some game and go play minecraft
I think he was referring to Babel... thus the "Giant Stairs", but I could be wrong... since your teammates can't grief on babel...
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”