AOS-OS(Open Source) *Version (0.0.2)

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
26 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Sorry for the long time between updates, I guess my implementation of visual c++ doesn't support vector decleration
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

So, your goal is to make a seperate game out of this, correct?
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

bloodfox wrote:
So, your goal is to make a seperate game out of this, correct?
Well if I am going to be making extensions that original AoS games would be incompatible with, I guess yes, but it will still connect to the original AoS servers. If it is connected to the old versions it just won't utilize features that require the server to send a specific packet
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Hey guys, sorry for the unreasonably long update time. I was really busy with school work and finally got some time to work on the project. However it seems that I can't get zlib to decode the map data, and if someone could help me out by pointing me to a different decompressor, or to point out what is wrong that would be helpful.
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

This is just to get your guy's attention. If you want the real news head to the main post of this thread.

btw, just for laughs the resolution on my pc is so low that B&S automatically sends me to the mobile version of the site
Desert Storm
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Update coming out shortly, I finally figured out how to scale down the kv6 model when it is drawn Blue_BigSmile (loud applause and whistling). If anyone has a theory as to how I did it try guessing, you'll probably be surprised when you find out what how I did it!
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

oh, yay! something fun for me to work on!
time to bust out the old code of...
-iceball
-glslab (or pn3d if that ever shows up)
-various antihack scripts by hompy (he is dead. Green_Nothappy )

oh, and the guess:
i'm 99% sure scaling is built into either voxlap itself, or animated kv6 models.
oh, and have this
LeCom

Desert Storm wrote:
Update coming out shortly, I finally figured out how to scale down the kv6 model when it is drawn Blue_BigSmile (loud applause and whistling). If anyone has a theory as to how I did it try guessing, you'll probably be surprised when you find out what how I did it!
You're using Voxlap, right? Then you probably just multiply all KV6 rotation vectors with the size factor. I know Voxlap pretty well btw, and can help you if there are questions.
So, you just use the Voxlap ASM code? If yes, you won't be able to actually modify it, which can be pretty shitty when having an almost 20 years old engine.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
Desert Storm wrote:
You're using Voxlap, right? Then you probably just multiply all KV6 rotation vectors with the size factor. I know Voxlap pretty well btw, and can help you if there are questions.
So, you just use the Voxlap ASM code? If yes, you won't be able to actually modify it, which can be pretty shitty when having an almost 20 years old engine.
+1
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Don't die.
Astrophysics
Deuce

Hey there, it's Astrophysics from the game on Oct. 27th. I'm making my post to let you know I'd like to help development!
26 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”