What's Next?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
130 posts Page 9 of 9 First unread post
LeCom

Tai wrote:
LeCom wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
ITT: people try to blame everything they don't like for the fact that people get bored of a dead game over time
hallway, arena and the lack of diversity make people bored even faster.
But if the community doesn't want a change, it won't be possible to do that. I wonder why this topic is still discussed then.
I like playing Hallway. I would have left long ago if my options were Babel, Arena, and ClassicGen.

Stop trying to speak authoritatively on a subject you have no authority on. None of the things you are saying have any basis in fact. Hallway and Arena are popular because people like playing them. People are not going to suddenly love ClassicGen because you ban Hallway servers (which will never happen anyways). As I recall, ClassicGen fell out of vogue long before you were even here, so I'm not too sure what you're complaining about.
Yes I have no authority over that stuff, so why should I speak like that. I also never said that hallway and arena are popular for any other reason or that classicgen should suddenly become popular if hallway or arena get banned.

But don't you think that it can get boring after playing the same map for months even if you like it? Arena has some small diversity because of different maps, but you basically do the same thing all the time.

The community doesn't want to change stuff anyways, so why is this topic still active?
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Because you are wrong on the internet.
Tai
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
The community doesn't want to change stuff anyways, so why is this topic still active?
I am interested in change, you just seem to be equating the only way forward with shutting down Hallway servers.
LeCom

Tai wrote:
LeCom wrote:
I am interested in change, you just seem to be equating the only way forward with shutting down Hallway servers.
Then good luck with trying to revert versions or what you wanted to do.

Oh, I didn't even suggest to shut hallway servers down btw.
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

bump
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Captain_Pi wrote:
And please for the love of God, try not to incite more stupid arguments with petty statements like:
LeCom wrote:
OpenSpades is like AoS 0.75/0.76 with some decoration shit on it. The core is broken in the same way.
he's kind of right. making something open source, and then making it look better just avoids the fact that, well, it's broken. to fix it, you need to change it in nondecorational ways.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Tai wrote:
Hallway and Arena are popular because people like playing them
the reason they are popular is because of the fact that the dev crew left before doing a major upgrade. this allowed people to play hallway and arena successfully. it's not that they like playing it; it's that they win with that playstyle.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Reminder that there is no such thing as a "right way" to enjoy a game, and taste in gamemodes and maps are purely subjective.
reuben, that's the most intelligent thing I have ever heard you say on the forums.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Reminder that there is no such thing as a "right way" to enjoy a game, and taste in gamemodes and maps are purely subjective.
reuben, that's the most intelligent thing I have ever heard you say on the forums.
Clearly you haven't been reading enough of my posts
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
epicfacethe3rd wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Reuben, that's the most intelligent thing I have ever heard you say on the forums.
Clearly you haven't been reading enough of my posts
philosophically intelligent, of course.
130 posts Page 9 of 9 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”