What's Next?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
130 posts Page 5 of 9 First unread post
LeCom

*The BnS community is pretty much guaranteed to die, seeing how high the ratio of people is, who expect any new project to be pushed and advertised by BnS.

FTFY.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

LeCom wrote:
*The BnS community is pretty much guaranteed to die, seeing how high the ratio of people is, who expect any new project to be pushed and advertised by BnS.

FTFY.
It's funny because you're also whining at the same time.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

LeCom wrote:

FTFY.
That's not what a ratio is, but alright. Still not how it works, point as many fingers at the "not real players" or the staff, but the community's dying because nobody can do shit.
LeCom

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
LeCom wrote:

FTFY.
That's not what a ratio is, but alright. Still not how it works, point as many fingers at the "not real players" or the staff, but the community's dying because nobody can do shit.
Inactive staff -> breaking community.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

That's no excuse for not trying to bring about the change you want.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

LeCom wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
LeCom wrote:

FTFY.
Inactive staff -> breaking community.
Wow, your a little bitch. Last time I checked Danhezee was the only active staff member aside from willy. He did the league and the news team but I am pretty sure it was the community holding its own events. I held several clan events on the AK server back when we were still a thing. Sure they were never that successful but we still got a decent number of players for a few of them. I also did a inner-clan 1v1 tournament. The news team was also pretty much self managed. Dan did a lot of work with editing but V^3,Henper, and me also did a portion of the news letter.

My point is I was always trying to get the community active. It wasn't just me though other people hosted "clan vs forums", did art competitions, map competitions, and other stuff. The staff were never the ones making events(except for dan with the league) but rather the community. Now everyone is either fed up with everything to start new shit or is too dumb to know how to manage such an event.

I don't see your ass making events. You are working on an alternative game which would just split up the community more. If you want the community to stay alive then you have to work for it. I used the power I had with AK to try and keep the forums alive. Well I am done now.
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

BnS is dead for many reasons, why is everyone still wasting time arguing why?
LeCom

Jdrew wrote:
I don't see your ass making events.
Then you must be blind af. I'm not finished with preparing one, but it's not a secret that I have been doing one.
Jdrew wrote:
You are working on an alternative game which would just split up the community more. If you want the community to stay alive then you have to work for it. I used the power I had with AK to try and keep the forums alive. Well I am done now.
In this situation, almost any project would split the community. And I have not the slightest power to do anything. Who said that only BnS may play it anyways?
But without any actual staff, BnS is doomed in any case. Because only people with power can change big things, and without change, this becomes more and more boring.

But, anyways,
EldredChandler wrote:
BnS is dead for many reasons, why is everyone still wasting time arguing why?
is true since it's too late to change something now.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

If everyone didn't go on saying "BnS is dying", then maybe it wouldn't die. If we stop being moaning bitches, get decent events together and stop being so damn negative, then we have a change.

I do think that the new projects, if marketed properly, can make a difference. Never hear anything from the Admins though- no data, road map, anything.

Just stop constantly say "oooh it's too late" and organize something. I honestly would, but I can't due to real life stuff. However, nothing truly exists to compare to ace of spades yet, so let's try and make it work.

There should be some decent mod supported projects, events, and Mods going on all the time. Along with a conscious effort to introduce the game to people. I've been in a dying community before, and you guys are far too alive :D

Just some thoughts. Green_Septic Green_Happy1
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

how 2 fix bns:

Step 1: Ignore LeCom
LeCom

Captain_Pi wrote:
how 2 fix bns:

Step 2: Open 10 more hallway and arena servers and block all other servers because the majority wants CS/CoD - like content
Step 3: Put aimbot into openspades, since there's no "right way" of playing AoS so you can play as you want
Step 4: Steal CS and CoD their players

Captain_Pi's plan. Very promising. Much democracy.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

LeCom wrote:
Captain_Pi wrote:
how 2 fix bns:

Step 2: Open 10 more hallway and arena servers and block all other servers because the majority wants CS/CoD - like content
Step 3: Put aimbot into openspades, since there's no "right way" of playing AoS so you can play as you want
Step 4: Steal CS and CoD their players

Captain_Pi's plan. Very promising. Much democracy.
That second one actually is unintentionally smart, seeing how the whole "supply-and-demand" thing works.
EldredChandler

LeCom wrote:
Step 3: Put aimbot into openspades
Funny story, I already pitched a similar idea to that years ago, that every version of AoS should have a built in aimbot, so no one can complain about them as everyone could and should use one. I think it'd be an interesting game mechanic.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Vezok wrote:
Actually I'd say that death is the future of the BnS community, and that the Jagex version will be the only thing that truly carries on.
How come?
LeCom wrote:
As already mentioned, openspades is basically AoS with better graphics, sounds and stuff like a server list.
True, but it is the only other playable thing with people on it being updated.
Tai
Deuced Up

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
The BnS community is pretty much guaranteed to die, seeing how high the ratio of whiners/doers is.
Oh get off your high horse, Reuby. We've been growing in users but 0.75 alienated the oldies and the oldies were the ones who ran the servers. Now that they're gone community engagement has dropped to the point of being a curiousity.

The entire expansion we've had (at least from my brief experience as a server admin) has been based chiefly in non-English speaking countries, so of course they're not going to be a part of the community at large.

We've had our time in the sun. We're a niche now; and there's nothing wrong with that, people just have to make peace with it so we can move into legacy-mode.
130 posts Page 5 of 9 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”