What's Next?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
130 posts Page 1 of 9 First unread post
ech0
Deuce

What will the future of ace of spades be? Now that we have an open-source client and server(openspades and pyspades), we should be able to expand the game and add new features. Will the community be split between the voxlap client and the openspades client? I still love the original game, but have sometimes wondered how cool it would be to have a machine gun turret.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

One word, Openspades.
ech0
Deuce

Unfortunately, it might split the community between the voxlap lovers and the openspades lovers.
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

It would be really nice if they'd add new weapons, such as RPG/machine gun turrets or vehicles in the next version. Sadly, I don't think it will be next thing coming in the update. All of this can happen, the ideas are there. Of course, it's still a freeware game, nobody gets paid for working on the game. So I am wondering if there will be any new update of Aos.
Last edited by Dare on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

ech0 wrote:
Unfortunately, it might split the community between the voxlap lovers and the openspades lovers.
The moment YVT make a new version for Openspades, everything will switch to it, perhaps a few people will be playing 0.75 but eventually it would be phased out.
ech0
Deuce

Different types of explosives would be cool
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

ech0 wrote:
Yes, I think Ace of spades isn't that cool game because there are only 3 weapons to choose from. If there would be more weapons, the more fun would be the Aos gameplay.
tobi9sc
Modder
Modder

Lincent wrote:
ech0 wrote:
The moment YVT make a new version for Openspades, everything will switch to it, perhaps a few people will be playing 0.75 but eventually it would be phased out.
phased out
no fucking no, go play aos 1.0

also omg this is the never-ending issue, new vehicles, guns.. why not just play battlefield? and if one day yvt added the vehicles and new weapons, there will be no OpenSpades anymore
Dare[AoS] wrote:
So I am wondering if there will be any new update of Aos.
there is because it belongs to jagex
Dare[AoS] wrote:
ech0 wrote:
Yes, I think Ace of spades isn't that cool game because there are only 3 weapons to choose from. If there would be more weapons, the more fun would be the Aos gameplay.
Dare, do you know what you're talking about? we, the community, cannot update or change AoS because it belongs to Jagex so there will be no "fun AoS gameplay"

also this is Ace of Spades Classic General Discussion so why are we talking about openspades? stop making pointless threads like this or at least take an effort to put threads like this to the right section (we know this won't happen unless yvt will add new guns and vehicles which is impossible)

nobody wants a pay to play game anyway
LeCom

OpenSpades isn't the future of AoS. It's just 0.75/0.76 with decoration over it, something like a 0.77 . But the actual problem is that AoS is broken, and many players are tired of playing it. OpenSpades might get better graphics, more menus or modding stuff, and that's all. No matter how much yvt will develop it, there won't be any changes to the actual game; weapons will stay as they are, the hallway, CoD and arena problems won't be solved too.

A new hope would be something that plays differently, where there's a point in building, with less insta-headshooting, and a few other things. The first AoS versions were like that, and slowly turned into what we have now.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

LeCom wrote:
OpenSpades isn't the future of AoS. It's just 0.75/0.76 with decoration over it, something like a 0.77 . But the actual problem is that AoS is broken, and many players are tired of playing it. OpenSpades might get better graphics, more menus or modding stuff, and that's all. No matter how much yvt will develop it, there won't be any changes to the actual game; weapons will stay as they are, the hallway, CoD and arena problems won't be solved too.

A new hope would be something that plays differently, where there's a point in building, with less insta-headshooting, and a few other things. The first AoS versions were like that, and slowly turned into what we have now.
Well if those OpenSpades-only servers ever come along, then that would allow for more changes in gameplay.
LeCom

1Shot1Kill wrote:
LeCom wrote:

Well if those OpenSpades-only servers ever come along, then that would allow for more changes in gameplay.
Some of these changes are already possible without changing the protocol. I'm also not sure if yvt is interested in openspades servers at all.
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

tobi9sc wrote:
also omg this is the never-ending issue, new vehicles, guns.. why not just play battlefield? and if one day yvt added the vehicles and new weapons, there will be no OpenSpades anymore
That's why the game will struggle to find new people that will play it. No big updates, no new people.
Dare[AoS] wrote:
So I am wondering if there will be any new update of Aos.
tobi9sc wrote:
Dare, do you know what you're talking about? we, the community, cannot update or change AoS because it belongs to Jagex so there will be no "fun AoS gameplay"

also this is Ace of Spades Classic General Discussion so why are we talking about openspades? stop making pointless threads like this or at least take an effort to put threads like this to the right section (we know this won't happen unless yvt will add new guns and vehicles which is impossible)

We can't even add new weapons? What if someone would make Aos 0.77 and put new weapons in it? Then it would break copyright law or something?
tobi9sc wrote:
stop making pointless threads
This thread is everything else but not pointless
tobi9sc wrote:
take an effort to put threads like this to the right section
Do you know what we were talking about? Me and ech0 weren't talking about openspades, but about new versions of Aos.
LeCom

Dare[AoS] wrote:
We can't even add new weapons? What if someone would make Aos 0.77 and put new weapons in it? Then it would break copyright law or something?
That would mean hacking AoS 0.75 or 0.76. This firstly means a lot of hard work for the smalles changes because it's very complex to understand how an .exe file works, secondly, it's illegal to hack AoS.
Dare[AoS] wrote:
tobi9sc wrote:
That's why the game will struggle to find new people that will play it. No big updates, no new people.
Probably tobi means that one can change a lot in AoS without turning it into battlefield.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

Dare[AoS] wrote:
Ace of Spades, being a closed-source game means that nobody can improve the game without re-making it, and even if it was possible you would probably get sued by Jagex or something.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

tobi9sc wrote:
no fucking no, go play aos 1.0
I don't like 1.0, and I have a free will much to your dislike.
tobi9sc wrote:
I agree, they should go play battlefield.
tobi9sc wrote:
there is because it belongs to jagex
He did not say What's next for Ace of Spades, I'm fairly sure he means "What's Next for Build and Shoot?".
tobi9sc wrote:
Dare[AoS] wrote:
ech0 wrote:
but we can make a different game similar to AoS 0.75, and we are.
tobi9sc wrote:
valso this is Ace of Spades Classic General Discussion so why are we talking about openspades? stop making pointless threads like this or at least take an effort to put threads like this to the right section (we know this won't happen unless yvt will add new guns and vehicles which is impossible)
Because Openspades is what we think is next for BnS.

tobi9sc wrote:
Exactly, but we still do.
130 posts Page 1 of 9 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”