cannot join any servers

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
12 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
wu2liao2
Deuce

hello Build and Shoot community,

I have a problem, where I can not join a game to play. when I am at the server list and select a server an error window pops up that looks like this and I nothing happens after. I have tried multiple servers to make sure it's not a problem for just one server.

here is an image of the window: http://puu.sh/c3oRT.png. I apologize that it is in dutch, but it basically says "An untreated exception has occurred. If you click on proceed, the error will be ignored and the application will proceed. The object's description is not set on an example of the object." there is error code in the text box below, which is as follows: http://pastebin.com/s6gVrwaz. if you need translation with the dutch parts there, I will give them, but it should be nothing too important.

thank you in advance,
wu2liao2
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Windows 7 instructions.

1. Reinstall your client.
2. Find your client.exe in your installation folder
3. Right click it
4. Click "Properties"
5. At the top click "Compatibility"
6. Make sure everything is unchecked, then check the box that says run as administrator.

Let me know if this works, if it doesn't I'll go into checking your firewall next.
wu2liao2
Deuce

thank you for the reply, but this did not work. :(
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Alright, what Operating system are you on? Windows 7?
wu2liao2
Deuce

yes, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1.
Xpert658
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Maybe you need .net framework or something like that.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Do you know how to check your firewall? And also what is your netwok setup as. There are three types public, work, and home. Make sure it's on home. It shouldn't affect it but it might.
wu2liao2
Deuce

@xpert658
yeah, maybe I need .net framework. where do I get that? is this it: http://www.microsoft.com/nl-nl/download ... x?id=17851 ?

@mr torch
yep, it's on home. I don't know how to check my firewall, but have never had issues with it. what should I do?
Xpert658

Mmmmhmmm. Try that one first. If it doesn't work, try every other version before that.
wu2liao2
Deuce

okay, so I've tried a bunch of different .NET versions and none of them worked. I tried the "OpenAce" version which works just fine. I think it may be the step from connecting the browser to the game that is the error, as "OpenAce" lets you join servers inside the program without needing to open the server list in the browser. any suggestions?

on a side note: am I correct in thinking OpenAce plays on the exact same server but that it's just a different rendering (more effects, etc.) and thus I may be playing with people using the classic AoS and OpenAce at the same time?
$Eddy$
News Team
News Team

It's called OpenSpades, but yeah, you play with the people from classic AoS and OS. I think either you're doing something wrong or there is something messed up with your computer, because that first suggestion should have worked.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

wu2liao2 wrote:
okay, so I've tried a bunch of different .NET versions and none of them worked. I tried the "OpenAce" version which works just fine. I think it may be the step from connecting the browser to the game that is the error, as "OpenAce" lets you join servers inside the program without needing to open the server list in the browser. any suggestions?

on a side note: am I correct in thinking OpenAce plays on the exact same server but that it's just a different rendering (more effects, etc.) and thus I may be playing with people using the classic AoS and OpenAce at the same time?
Did the game work when you joined with "OpenAce"?
12 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”