Let's Fix Build and Shoot

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
33 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Tai
Deuced Up

Captain_Pi wrote:
Unless we can give some authority to active people, there's not much to be done and no point discussing this further.
I disagree. All the things I've listed bar the featured server list are things that could be done without the admins.

I also disagree on the point of new management; we need the old management that we had.
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Tai wrote:
Captain_Pi wrote:
I also disagree on the point of new management; we need the old management that we had.
Yes I agree, go back to the old staff of Mikuli and friends.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Tai wrote:
Captain_Pi wrote:
Unless we can give some authority to active people, there's not much to be done and no point discussing this further.
I disagree. All the things I've listed bar the featured server list are things that could be done without the admins.

Agreed, though I think many of the old staff members have left.
Tai
Deuced Up

Lincent wrote:
Tai wrote:
Captain_Pi wrote:

Agreed, though I think many of the old staff members have left.
As I understand it, Dan had a disagreement with Stack and Izzy over management issues (namely that he had to run everything by them before doing it, which was inefficient as he was pretty much the only one doing anything at that point). He offered to buy them out or requested that they buy him out, and they opted to buy him out.

Staff is only really necessary for keeping the website up. The trouble is most of the old server hosts have just lost interest in the game.
EldredChandler wrote:
Tai wrote:
Captain_Pi wrote:
Yes I agree, go back to the old staff of Mikuli and friends.
Mikuli I'm quite sure has left. Dan was doing a fine job with the resources and time that he had at his disposal and he was always conductive to community involvement.

I'm glad for all Izzy has done for the community, but the fact is, he and Stack just aren't around anymore, and now that Dan has his hands free, I don't know whether he is even interested in coming back.
EldredChandler

Yes, mikuli doesn't even want to admin here.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Reuben for admin of BnS and the world.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

If they had just given me the mod position I've already been basically acting as for years now instead of the retard gang, everything would be wonderful around here.
Tai
Deuced Up

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
If they had just given me the mod position I've already been basically acting as for years now instead of the retard gang, everything would be wonderful around here.
Yeah. No. Blue_Happy3
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Actually though, ReubenMcHawk (weird, that was in my autocorrect) would be a great mod. He was an administrator on Mini and did fine.
strawhatpirate
Modder
Modder

PM'd you multi-language mumble guide, with special edition Norwegian :P

Also, acornserver.com got a map list, with downloads, can be found here.
Also, also (...) the admins for the league should have an folder of maps since they have many maps available for the league.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Tai wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Yeah. No. Blue_Happy3
Why not?
strawhatpirate
Modder
Modder

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Tai wrote:
ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Yeah. No. Blue_Happy3
Why not?
Well, Reuben is both a master of trolls, but also a master of logic. If I remember correctly from the BAS days, he was well behaved and serious when it counted. I would probably say yes to him being a mod.
EldredChandler

strawhatpirate wrote:
If I remember correctly from the BAS days, he was well behaved and serious when it counted. I would probably say yes to him being a mod.
He wouldn't have been a Minit Admin for so long if he wasn't able to be serious.
Tai
Deuced Up

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Why not?
Because you troll people often and your signature is a link to a dump of passive-aggressive pastebin logs. I just really don't see that leading to a civil environment.
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

ReubenMcHawk will make a decent mod, I can vouch for that. Being a deceptive wank doesn't necessarily equate to being incompetent or uncivilized.

Even though he is a troll at times, he still has that charisma that makes him a well-known and possibly, trusted member. I'm don't know about you but I'd rather have him as community admin than anyone else.
33 posts Page 2 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”