Let's talk about cheaters

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
25 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Because it's fun.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

MrHaaax wrote:
About hacking in general... Why do people hack? It's not like AoS is an unbalanced F2P P2W kinda game where people could pay a fortune to be better than everybody else, stat-wise. If you suck, then don't play FPS, simple; but it's not like everybody in this game is a pro. What do you guys think?
I have a theory, a conspiracy theory, I think JaGex might be paying groups of them to hack to give us a bad reputation.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Lincent wrote:
MrHaaax wrote:
About hacking in general... Why do people hack? It's not like AoS is an unbalanced F2P P2W kinda game where people could pay a fortune to be better than everybody else, stat-wise. If you suck, then don't play FPS, simple; but it's not like everybody in this game is a pro. What do you guys think?
I have a theory, a conspiracy theory, I think JaGex might be paying groups of them to hack to give us a bad reputation.
Hmmm... considering of what Jagex is:

They are: Snobs, Money suckers, idiots oh and Jagex. So yeah, your theory does seem to have some logic towards it...
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

The unbelievable thing about hackers in AoS is that they simply are not votekicked.

Someone can literally fill the kill feed with an aimbot on his smg, and yet when you make a votekick, about 3 people vote and then it dies out. And the admins still ignore them.

Usually it takes about 4trys to votekick an obvious hacker- I don't understand it.

As to why people hack- it's fun, and it makes you feel like a better person/more skilled person when you get to the top of the kill list, or when you see people rage. It's a immature thing as well.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

About votekicking.. most of the players don't speak English, so they couldn't understand how to votekick?
Tai
Deuced Up

strawhatpirate wrote:
Yes we do, but we gotta accept them because aloha has the only populated babel server. I hate having 200 ping and 0.03 packetloss, but it's better than fuckings hallway and smgays.
You play Babel and complain about SMGs.

What. Blue_Normal
Tai
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
The unbelievable thing about hackers in AoS is that they simply are not votekicked.

Someone can literally fill the kill feed with an aimbot on his smg, and yet when you make a votekick, about 3 people vote and then it dies out. And the admins still ignore them.

Usually it takes about 4trys to votekick an obvious hacker- I don't understand it.
I don't either. Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that most of the players don't speak English and I think that's a problem but more importantly I think there are just too many stupid children who download the game and don't even bother to learn the controls.
As to why people hack- it's fun, and it makes you feel like a better person/more skilled person when you get to the top of the kill list, or when you see people rage. It's a immature thing as well.
I don't doubt it's an immaturity thing. Again, thinking this is more a problem with children. The troll aspect might be there but more often than not I've seen cheaters who try to be subtle about it, and that's where I just don't get the appeal - you're not challenging yourself at all.

Blue_Normal
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Tai wrote:
Warp wrote:
I don't doubt it's an immaturity thing. Again, thinking this is more a problem with children. The troll aspect might be there but more often than not I've seen cheaters who try to be subtle about it, and that's where I just don't get the appeal - you're not challenging yourself at all.

Blue_Normal
I was thinking, it's not just children. It's adults who don't have an awareness of how their cheating affects others. They are obviously immature as well. To be fair, some server admins are quite active, but not the bulk of them. And then you get banned/kicked for not actually doing anything wrong, like I was on babel once.

It's also funny when you get accused of having an aimbot, when you are using OpenSpades, which there isn't an aimbot available for. Green_BigSmile

Oh well... also, pls try out my new mod
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

xCross wrote:
i hack
OMG MUST BEN!!!!!

You're banned
GorditoBisquit
Deuce

LeCom wrote:
pretty well described here: http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3221
What I see very often are these miscreant norecoil+accuracy hackers. No aimbot or anything obvious, pretty mean without detection scripts.

Hacking went so far that hackers become cheecky and outrageous. I had rekted 2 hackers a few days ago. One (GorditoBisquit) was shouting around that he had a hack and asking if somebody else had one. The other guy (100qq) just silently triggered norecoil as fuck. Then a fair player started complaining that 100qq was hacking. He replied "gonna cry?" and the other said "little bitchie the hack is fun". Immediately permabanned both. Fucking basterds.

Fuck ya' "bruh" Blue_Septic
25 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”