Let's talk about cheaters

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
25 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Tai
Deuced Up

I was in aloha's hallway server a few minutes ago. Take a look at this.

https://imgur.com/rhgxSGF

So you can see here, the server is nearly full when along come two hackers; one gave the other party a sporting try; he was only using a lagswitch so there was no guarantee. The other was headshotting across two coordinate zones with a shotgun. The entire team would perish, then the aimbot (DontBanMe) and the lagswitcher (KIRILL) would duke it out for a few seconds; if the lagswitcher won, green would have all of 30 seconds to get out of the instant-kill zone. If not, they'd all be killed instantaneously the next round.

There has been a votekick going on for the last fifteen minutes, but none of the people starting it realize that at the default votekick percentage for servers, there's no way the kick will pass with the number of AFK's present. I

There are two reasons besides the amusing anecdote that I've shared this story;
1 - To illustrate my concern over the administration of Build and Shoot. The fact of the matter is aloha's server is among one of the most popular on build and shoot, and if Izzy isn't showing the initiative to have it moderated (which I understand is a difficult endeavor, but I would argue a very, very necessary one) then how can we be counting on him and Stack to address more of the underlying issues within the community?

2 - To open up a discussion about cheating. Specifically, I would like people to share their experience with it's prevalence, methods, and prevention.
Tai
Deuced Up

xCross wrote:
Why is that story amusing? I'm. pretty sure every here had been through that.
I just found it amusing that these hackers were going back and forth with each other, especially since it was (at least kind of) a 'fair fight'
ps. we already discussed about an unavoidable thing already.
Hm?
LeCom

pretty well described here: http://buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3221
What I see very often are these miscreant norecoil+accuracy hackers. No aimbot or anything obvious, pretty mean without detection scripts.

Hacking went so far that hackers become cheecky and outrageous. I had rekted 2 hackers a few days ago. One (GorditoBisquit) was shouting around that he had a hack and asking if somebody else had one. The other guy (100qq) just silently triggered norecoil as fuck. Then a fair player started complaining that 100qq was hacking. He replied "gonna cry?" and the other said "little bitchie the hack is fun". Immediately permabanned both. Fucking basterds.
ReubenMcHawk
Organizer
Organizer

Pretty sure there's no lag switches for this game
Tai
Deuced Up

ReubenMcHawk wrote:
Pretty sure there's no lag switches for this game
I was analyzing him for 15 minutes. First shot he got on them would go 30K+ ping, then each shot was progressively lower.

When he was walking to and from his tent, his ping was only 150ms. I've had people flat out admit to using them in Arena so I can't imagine they don't exist.
LeCom

Not sure, but I think that the PySnip rapid detection kicks lagswitches. From what I've read, a lagswitch is supposed to do something similar to a rapid volley. PySnip should detect these.
Pedroh
Post Demon
Post Demon

Deal with it and try another server
Tai
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
Not sure, but I think that the PySnip rapid detection kicks lagswitches. From what I've read, a lagswitch is supposed to do something similar to a rapid volley. PySnip should detect these.
Yes I believe you're right. As I recall PySnip detected no-recoil, rapid hack, and multiple bullets. Aloha servers are all vanilla though.
Pedroh wrote:
Green_Septic
Tai
Deuced Up

xCross wrote:
Look at my signature, that makes me a lag switcher then?
If you have over 30K ping consistently you probably shouldn't even be playing games online because you're ruining it for everyone. You're also missing the whole bit about 'was the only guy to live on a server where his entire team died instantly upon respawn'.
LeCom

Tai wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Yes I believe you're right. As I recall PySnip detected no-recoil, rapid hack, and multiple bullets. Aloha servers are all vanilla though.
Actually aloha servers are definitely not vanilla and there's rarely anybody still using that deprecated software at all. On a vanilla server, you don't have any scripts at all, just a bare 0.75 protocol implementation.
Just by the way, PySnip only detects norecoil and multiple bullets if the server admins install the corresponding scripts, which is pretty rare on non-professional servers.
Tai wrote:
Pedroh wrote:
Green_Septic
It's not like there aren't any alternative hallway servers :P
Tai
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
Actually aloha servers are definitely not vanilla and there's rarely anybody still using that deprecated software at all. On a vanilla server, you don't have any scripts at all, just a bare 0.75 protocol implementation.
Not sure what I was thinking when I wrote that seeing as the Hallway server I was on was 1 flag CTF which I don't even think is possible using vanilla. That and Aloha also hosts the Arena servers.
Just by the way, PySnip only detects norecoil and multiple bullets if the server admins install the corresponding scripts, which is pretty rare on non-professional servers.
I can't even think of the last time I've seen NoRecoil / Multiple Bullets as a kick. I think the trouble is most of our traffic is consolidated to about 5 American servers and 10 odd servers in South America or Overseas (Germany mostly). So there's just not a whole lot of variety.
LeCom wrote:
I guess my point was 'what other servers' because usually the only ones that are populated when I am online are Babel, Arena, and Hallway. The German ones occasionally pick up on traffic but my ping is usually pretty terrible because I'm on the North American West Coast.
LeCom

Tai wrote:
LeCom wrote:
I guess my point was 'what other servers' because usually the only ones that are populated when I am online are Babel, Arena, and Hallway. The German ones occasionally pick up on traffic but my ping is usually pretty terrible because I'm on the North American West Coast.
A lot of European players play on aloha servers with the same terrible ping, because there aren't any populated alternatives. And they don't have many problems with that.
strawhatpirate
Modder
Modder

LeCom wrote:
Tai wrote:
LeCom wrote:
A lot of European players play on aloha servers with the same terrible ping, because there aren't any populated alternatives. And they don't have many problems with that.
Yes we do, but we gotta accept them because aloha has the only populated babel server. I hate having 200 ping and 0.03 packetloss, but it's better than fuckings hallway and smgays.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

About hacking in general... Why do people hack? It's not like AoS is an unbalanced F2P P2W kinda game where people could pay a fortune to be better than everybody else, stat-wise. If you suck, then don't play FPS, simple; but it's not like everybody in this game is a pro. What do you guys think?
EldredChandler
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

MrHaaax wrote:
About hacking in general... Why do people hack? It's not like AoS is an unbalanced F2P P2W kinda game where people could pay a fortune to be better than everybody else, stat-wise. If you suck, then don't play FPS, simple; but it's not like everybody in this game is a pro. What do you guys think?
It's probably a ton of fun, guy.
25 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”