It's time to Transition

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
103 posts Page 1 of 7 First unread post
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

It's Time to Move to, & Support, VoxelWar.

As most people would we aware, there is now an abundance of people saying "BnS is dead" or "AoS is dead" or similar.

Whilst I don't entirely agree with that, I can see that the player count is gradually decreasing, Admins seem to be fairly inactive, and nothing really new is coming up. Whereas I myself am not a "Veteran" player as such, and don't claim to have authority, I have tried to positively influence the community, be active, and play the game. (I have been playing since June '13 I think)

So we come to an impasse- do we let this community die, and just move on, and do we try and pull something together to rise out of the ashes?

We currently have 2 new projects running- Willy and Topo's effort, and LeCom's new client. For the moment, it seems development has paused (or entirely stopped) on that, which leaves us with LeCom's new client. (It seems OS development has stopped as well). I have seen for myself that while LeCom might not be agreed with by everyone, he is actively developing a game that he wants to succeed and is very responsive to questions or ideas.

This leads me to come to the conclusion that we must start actively supporting LeCom's client- VoxelWar- which might not be all we would like it to be, but is a semblance of the classic AoS we know and like- the alternatives are shitty.

There is a new forum started for VoxelWar- http://vxw669966.forumotion.ca - which I thing we might need to sign up on. There is also http://supercoolnerds.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18 . There is an event coming up, which would really boost players, as would some active modders. I'm making the first Mod pack for VoxelWar right now, (not sure where to post it tbh). The project post is here -->> http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11202

With this activity, we can Kickstart this project and get something decent from the ashes. Green_BigSmile

Regards,

Warp

TL;DR: Support VoxelWar, move across to it pls.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Awesome! This will really help everyone about this! Btw, I am glad for you to post your mod pack over at our forums in the modding section, please. :)

Wish y'all luck!
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

IMPORTANT!!!! The new address for the forum is voxelwar.forumotion.ca
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
It's Time to Move to, & Support, VoxelWar.

As most people would we aware, there is now an abundance of people saying "BnS is dead" or "AoS is dead" or similar.

Whilst I don't entirely agree with that, I can see that the player count is gradually decreasing, Admins seem to be fairly inactive, and nothing really new is coming up. Whereas I myself am not a "Veteran" player as such, and don't claim to have authority, I have tried to positively influence the community, be active, and play the game. (I have been playing since June '13 I think)
[/quote}
same situation here.
We currently have 2 new projects running- Willy and Topo's effort, and LeCom's new client. For the moment, it seems development has paused (or entirely stopped) on that, which leaves us with LeCom's new client. (It seems OS development has stopped as well). I have seen for myself that while LeCom might not be agreed with by everyone, he is actively developing a game that he wants to succeed and is very responsive to questions or ideas.
agree.
This leads me to come to the conclusion that we must start actively supporting LeCom's client- VoxelWar- which might not be all we would like it to be, but is a semblance of the classic AoS we know and like- the alternatives are shitty.
both of these are literaly what most people hate about AoS, down to the letter.
There is a new forum started for VoxelWar- http://vxw669966.forumotion.ca - which I thing we might need to sign up on. There is also http://supercoolnerds.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=18 . There is an event coming up, which would really boost players, as would some active modders. I'm making the first Mod pack for VoxelWar right now, (not sure where to post it tbh). The project post is here -->> http://www.buildandshoot.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=11202

With this activity, we can Kickstart this project and get something decent from the ashes. Green_BigSmile

Regards,

Warp

huzzah, the second coming of B&S!
all I have to say.
LeCom

Warp wrote:
LeCom's client- VoxelWar- which might not be all we would like it to be, but is a semblance of the classic AoS we know and like- the alternatives are shitty.]
Heh, sounds a little bit like the "last chance" thingy. If VoxelWar is disappointing you, you can suggest things. And it's still in its beginnings.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

LeCom wrote:
Warp wrote:
LeCom's client- VoxelWar- which might not be all we would like it to be, but is a semblance of the classic AoS we know and like- the alternatives are shitty.]
Heh, sounds a little bit like the "last chance" thingy. If VoxelWar is disappointing you, you can suggest things. And it's still in its beginnings.
Oh it's not, I'm just trying to be balanced. No disrespect at all intended.
LeCom

Warp wrote:
LeCom wrote:
Warp wrote:
Oh it's not, I'm just trying to be balanced. No disrespect at all intended.
It didn't sound disrespectful, it just made me think that simething is spoiling VXW. So since it's not the case, everything is fine :>
Kyzaca
Deuced Up

but voxelwar is so bad lol
_Frocs_
League Participant
League Participant

-I guess you haven't even looked into it
-It's in the beginnings
-It's not bad
-You can suggest things

//ontopic: Yes I agree.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Kyzaca wrote:
but voxelwar is so bad lol
Oh? Then you can leave.
IceCream
Hoster
Hoster

>using forumotion

No thanks. Get a TLD and setup a decent forum. Even the theme of that forum is shit. And if a TLD is too expensive for you (then you should try working maybe) get a free one.

hah

Edit: Funny though that people are making dozens of VXW threads and calling it the "last chance of LnS". Hey you already did that with OpenSpades, remember? And now you don't give a shit about it anymore, when some new client comes out, eh? Let's see how things turn out in a few months.
LeCom

IceCream wrote:
>using forumotion

No thanks. Get a TLD and setup a decent forum. Even the theme of that forum is shit. And if a TLD is too expensive for you (then you should try working maybe) get a free one.

hah

Edit: Funny though that people are making dozens of VXW threads and calling it the "last chance of LnS". Hey you already did that with OpenSpades, remember? And now you don't give a shit about it anymore, when some new client comes out, eh? Let's see how things turn out in a few months.
You have a point. However, you never used VXW, so you don't know what it is anyways :P
OpenSpades is basically an improved version of 0.75, that's why the euphoria stopped pretty quickly. Nice graphics and menus, but not much behind.
VoxelWar, however, is something new. I worked out a new game concept, one which is very balanced and has less emphasis on simple killing. Something that veterans enjoy. Basically what some guys have been asking for, instead of the usual hallway/arena.
IceCream
Hoster
Hoster

LeCom wrote:
IceCream wrote:
>using forumotion

hah

You have a point. However, you never used VXW, so you don't know what it is anyways :P
OpenSpades is basically an improved version of 0.75, that's why the euphoria stopped pretty quickly. Nice graphics and menus, but not much behind.
VoxelWar, however, is something new. I worked out a new game concept, one which is very balanced and has less emphasis on simple killing. Something that veterans enjoy. Basically what some guys have been asking for, instead of the usual hallway/arena.
If it turns out like what you mentioned, sure, it's great. However it's always the players decision how they actually play the game. I hope you get the right ones.
Tai
Deuced Up

Warp wrote:
Dude, bad form.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Tai wrote:
Warp wrote:
Dude, bad form.
Why? Green_Happy1
103 posts Page 1 of 7 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”