One part good news, one part shocker.

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

all from what I can gather from a quick scan on the 1.x forums.
The good news.
Jagex seems to be in the pits when it comes to frequent players that don't come from the winter/summer bump. the communtiy is also seeming to worry on whether not 1.x will surivive, and their playerbase seems to be loaded with more hackers than ours. (I guess most of the hackers over here have gotten bored and moved on. Yay!) Jagex also seems to be in the middle of some management issues, and the dev team for 1.x seems to be understaffed. with the last update being last September, and it had been what the coommunity had been begging for for two years. honestly, to me it just looks like they screwed themselves big time by investing in a game that a major change to which would cause the biggest hissy fit the world of gaming has ever known!
and it's still going on!
The shocker
AoS 1.x seems to be dying at a steeper rate than wee are. in one post on the forums, several members say that build and shoot currently has more ability to update the game than jagex. this I am sure is surprising. the moment vxw source goes online, we will have completely pulled ahead from the 1.x community. mind blowing, right? currently, AoS has no released source code. ben sure as hell ain't giving it away now with the copyrights, pay-to-play, and hacking atmosphere! (note: I have no idea on whether or not ben and mat^2 are still even on the dev team. can you say "return of the Uberdev crew"?)
woho!
Green_BigSmile Green_BigSmile Green_BigSmile Green_Sunglasses2
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Old news. We all knew that 1.0 will not survive. And we also knew that VoxelWar's source code will not be released, because hackers, obviously. Sorry to cut your enthusiasm.
LeCom

MrHaaax wrote:
And we also knew that VoxelWar's source code will not be released, because hackers, obviously. Sorry to cut your enthusiasm.
Right now. The source or big parts of it might get released later tho', when there's a decent community around VXW.
But something tells me that it will take a long time for 1.0 to be fully abandoned by players.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

epicfacethe3rd wrote:
all from what I can gather from a quick scan on the 1.x forums.
The good news.
Jagex seems to be in the pits when it comes to frequent players that don't come from the winter/summer bump. the communtiy is also seeming to worry on whether not 1.x will surivive, and their playerbase seems to be loaded with more hackers than ours. (I guess most of the hackers over here have gotten bored and moved on. Yay!) Jagex also seems to be in the middle of some management issues, and the dev team for 1.x seems to be understaffed. with the last update being last September, and it had been what the coommunity had been begging for for two years. honestly, to me it just looks like they screwed themselves big time by investing in a game that a major change to which would cause the biggest hissy fit the world of gaming has ever known!
and it's still going on!
The shocker
AoS 1.x seems to be dying at a steeper rate than wee are. in one post on the forums, several members say that build and shoot currently has more ability to update the game than jagex. this I am sure is surprising. the moment vxw source goes online, we will have completely pulled ahead from the 1.x community. mind blowing, right? currently, AoS has no released source code. ben sure as hell ain't giving it away now with the copyrights, pay-to-play, and hacking atmosphere! (note: I have no idea on whether or not ben and mat^2 are still even on the dev team. can you say "return of the Uberdev crew"?)
woho!
Green_BigSmile Green_BigSmile Green_BigSmile Green_Sunglasses2
I didn't expect anymore, literally, I didn't expect anymore players.
Vezok
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

LeCom wrote:
MrHaaax wrote:
And we also knew that VoxelWar's source code will not be released, because hackers, obviously. Sorry to cut your enthusiasm.
Right now. The source or big parts of it might get released later tho', when there's a decent community around VXW.
But something tells me that it will take a long time for 1.0 to be fully abandoned by players.
Yea, GM's being doing some iceball client magic over there, and it actually looks interesting.
5 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”