!!!WE NEED NEW MAPS!!!

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
30 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Linestar
Deuce

Green_Crying Blue_Crying

Never have I been so disappointed with Ace of Spades since Jagex bought it out. I am, of course, talking about the patheticness of our current monoplized servers.

THATS RIGHT! I'm calling you out Aloha, German Party, Call of Liberty, and Brazil! You have all stained this great game with your pathetic lackluster maps that are boring, repetitive, and down right insulting to the spirit of the game! Hallway and Pinpoint. That is it. These have got to be the most uncreative and uninteresting maps anyone with two brain cells could have contrived.

I remember not two or three years ago when maps had depth, maps had atmosphere, and i actually had fun playing this game. Great maps the likes this day and age never sees! Buildings would crumble, Bridges would be the foundation for a battlefield, and a hill the perch for a snipers nest, nice and cozy! Forests were terrifying, danger lurking around the turn of every corner! Entire battles would take place in the epicenter of one office building! Might i say it was perfect.

And now... our once great and monolithic game has been stained... no... polluted with these pitifully dull and tedious "maps". For gods sakes men, have some PRIDE in your craftsmenship! Create something that takes MORE then two braincells keeping each other warm! Create something you can be proud of, and we can all enjoy! How dare you suck the life out of this once amazing game with your incompetence and slothfullnes! I am ashamed to see this dark era of our beloved game!

I KNOW I CANNOT BE THE ONLY ONE!!

What would you rather play?
THESE

Or... these....

Good god ... Need I say more?

I will leave you with this. Ace of spades was not meant to be played like this. It was meant to be more, so much more and you've ruined it. You slowly suffocating it, breaking it, and the players. Please end this new era of numbness, ineptness, and absolute repetitive monotone tediousness.
Paratrooper
Modder
Modder

To be fair, the more "creative" maps are hosted on Aloha's CTF Server and Island Server. Classic Gen is hosted on its own server, too. Not to mention, you can create your own server with just a few clicks, should you have a hankering for a unique map. It's just that servers are usually empty.
Last edited by Paratrooper on Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Linestar
Deuce

Paratrooper wrote:
To be fair, the more "creative" maps are hosted on Aloha's CTF Server and Island Server. Classic Gen is hosted on its own server, too. Not to mention, you can create your own server with just a few clicks, should you have a hankering for a unique map. It's just that server's are usually empty.
I thought you had to pay to make a server though. And yeah it's not allways like that, but about 75% of the time i look at the server list, its like:
Hallway
Hallway
Pinpoint
Hallway
Babel
and then the good ones with zero players Blue_Crying
Paratrooper wrote:
To be fair, the more "creative" maps are hosted on Aloha's CTF Server and Island Server. Classic Gen is hosted on its own server, too. Not to mention, you can create your own server with just a few clicks, should you have a hankering for a unique map. It's just that servers are usually empty.
Also is there anyway to create your own maps?
Linestar
Deuce

Paratrooper wrote:
To be fair, the more "creative" maps are hosted on Aloha's CTF Server and Island Server. Classic Gen is hosted on its own server, too. Not to mention, you can create your own server with just a few clicks, should you have a hankering for a unique map. It's just that server's are usually empty.
Also is there anyway to create your own maps?
Semper
Deuced Up

You can't force people to play maps you want to play.
LeCom

Semper wrote:
You can't force people to play maps you want to play.
It's possible to make them leave and others come, but nobody would do so. The ones sitting at the levers wouldn't do shit to improve the situation, so this whole thread is somehow useless. Alternative maps don't have any effect either, due to AoS server admins.

PS. There used to be a pretty nice AoS classicgen server with mortars, rocket launchers, MGs, tanks and bots, but there were technical problems and it got banned from server list.
epicfacethe3rd
Deuced Up

LeCom wrote:
PS. There used to be a pretty nice AoS classicgen server with mortars, rocket launchers, MGs, tanks and bots, but there were technical problems and it got banned from server list.
lefizzy, right?
oops, I said the magic word. ima get banned.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

The maps aren't the problem, Hallway and Pinpoint have always been popular since they came out.
The problem is that many of the major server hosters don't listen to community feedback on the forums.
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

Lincent wrote:
The maps aren't the problem, Hallway and Pinpoint have always been popular since they came out.
The problem is that many of the major server hosters don't listen to community feedback on the forums.
Why would they? Have you guys taken a look at the stuff you say lol. It's all "BNS sucks, I'm gonna leaveeee noww" and then you don't. All you do is stick around and be negative and complain. Great way to cater to new prospective players or returning players +1 Blue_Happy3
Captain_Pi
Artist
Artist

Been gone all month, but on the contrary the community has been quite active lately. I see we have a few new faces and old ones.

New maps are a concern for server hosters. If they don't want new maps on their servers, we can't do anything about that.
LeCom

Captain_Pi wrote:
New maps are a concern for server hosters. If they don't want new maps on their servers, we can't do anything about that.
No shit. But bns can support and push servers with better maps. Or even just have an official bns server on the top of the server list with the emphasize of being decent in all ways.
Linestar
Deuce

LeCom wrote:
Captain_Pi wrote:
No shit. But bns can support and push servers with better maps. Or even just have an official bns server on the top of the server list with the emphasize of being decent in all ways.

Yeah. The way i see it is that these hallway and pinpoint maps, while popular, are really uncreative. I get that a lot of people here are like "But its what the people want to play obviously" but i always here people complaining on the maps that they wish the map would change. Yeah this whole thing is basically a monopoly by the servers and to me it just seems there too lazy to change anything. But i don't know i don't run them. But seriously how hard could it be?

I have tried starting my own servers too, but who wants to play on a server with just one player? Like i said, its a monopoly.

BUT! I have noticed it seems that, at least recently, their are different maps being used, which is AWESOME!!! Blue_Happy3
Mr.Torch
Artist
Artist

I have to say I never have this issue. I play on Aloha.pk arena servers or babel servers and there's lots of diversity.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

LeCom wrote:
Captain_Pi wrote:
Forcing something down your throat won't change its taste. If people like what's offered, they will come. Out of the 20+ different game modes always available on the server list, babel and arena are regularly populated simply because enough people enjoy playing them -- BnS didn't "push" them to make that to happen.
LeCom

Providing at least a small alternative is far away from "forcing". And, as I already said on IRC, people only join servers that have players or seem to have players or are directly in front of their nose, and there's absolutely no exception aside from extremely popular "mainstream" servers maybe. This is the basic rule of how populated a server becomes.
I guess the creator of the thread ragequit anyways lol
30 posts Page 1 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”