[OBSOLETE] Bad signature error fix

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
6 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
strawhatpirate
Modder
Modder

EDIT: They have fixed the problem, this fix is now obsolete. All you need to do is to run build and shoot launcer 1.2 again and it should fix it. That would be all.

Ok, so a lot of people have to gotten the Bad signature (0x44213C20) at position 0x00000000 error, but I've discovered a really simple fix. What I found is that it crashes when it starts to download the game file, so I decided to manually skip that step, and it worked, you just need the game files, which I've provided, all you need to do is to put them in the right place.

Download this file, extract the build and shoot folder into it into your appdata\roaming folder, to get to this folder press windows-key + r and type in %appdata% and then hit enter.

When you've extracted the build and shoot folder to romaing, go into the folder and find launcher.config in the launcher folder, edit it and change *replace with 0.75 folder laction* to the location it has on your pc, you'll find it's location under the game installations folder. should be something like C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Roaming\Build and Shoot\Game Installations\0.75 and replace *username* with your username on your computer. I.e. mine is odin so it would be C:\Users\Odin\AppData\Roaming\Build and Shoot\Game Installations\0.75. Then do the same for 0.76 but make sure you direct that to the 0.76 and not 0.76 game installation.

After this, extract the launcher.exe to somewhere on your computer like your desktop. If you want to change your username etc. you need to open launcher.exe and click on game installations and options.

This should work. If you're running windows 8 you'll probably need to use the fps fix too, to get it running smooth.
Last edited by strawhatpirate on Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
longbyte1
Deuced Up

I don't get it. What's the fix itself? It looks like I'm just making a new launcher directory somewhere else.

What did you patch in the client?
strawhatpirate
Modder
Modder

The reason the launcher crashes is because it isn't able to download the file or something, the fix is doing manually what the installer would, skipping the downloading step, to get the launcher working, after this you can install other versions with the launcher without problems.
IAmYourFriend
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Thanks strawhatpirate for posting this.
Meanwhile a fix for this problem was applied. Just retry the step where the error occured.
If it doesn't help, try downloading and reinstalling the launcher again.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

Yes, thanks for the details. The original problem should be fixed, so the instructions in this thread shouldn't be necessary anymore. Simply rerun Build and Shoot 1.2 Setup.exe to install the game.
strawhatpirate
Modder
Modder

There, edited the post so users will understand it's obsolete.
6 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”