build and splat server

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
RenaultClio
Deuce

Get your ink on! Izzy came through and is hosting a build and splat server!! Post your thank-you-Izzy-you-can-drive-my-car comments down below. Another mode to keep BnS going. Look for aloha.pk build and splat on the server list.
Last edited by RenaultClio on Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Xaxime
Deuce

Me too I've seen this server on the list. It's true that it bugged a lot, but I hope that they will start it again and fix problems.
izzy
Head Admin / Co-founder
Head Admin / Co-founder

New server running at aos://1379434439:55887:0.75 or look for aloha.pk build and splat on the server list.
RenaultClio
Deuce

thanks Izzy. This is loads of fun and actually works pretty smooth.

However, the more people on the server the lagier it gets, maybe some of the following things can help:

- rifle only (less bullets per second)
- decreased area of impact (1 bullet paints 5x5 area)
- no grenades/ normal grenades (these tend to cause hickups/ lag spikes)
- additional algoritme server-side to prevent painting blocks twice. Right now every bullet paints all the blocks in its vicinity, even the ones already colored in the respective color. Checking for this could reduce traffic.

As for gameplay; small maps and short games would be the best. I often fall throught floors and ceilings when the game laggs, so not to many buildings or overpasses.

+ why spade no paint?

Lets bild, snip and splat!
4 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”