BuildnSplat?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

It is amazing that he still bothers with this game.
Anyway, I've promised I'd disable that multiple block destruction/construction sound
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well...
If I try to look from yvt's perspective,
1) There is almost nothing left to improve, unless we talk about new protocol.
2) This is just a project. He has a lot of other projects at his site.

From my perspective,
1) There is slow SW renderer, lack of particle/sound configuration etc.
2) The only decent and free buiding+shooting game.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Icarus North wrote:
If he decided to make this idk why he isn't still working on OS.
I know right, why doesn't he just fuck off.
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

Resurrected old post. Shame on me!

Why doesn't yvt make OpenSpades it's own game instead of having the community scramble to make a 'successor'? He already has 75% of it done, now all he just needs to do is add in some networking.
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

i have no clue what you think you're doing bringing up old topics of discussion but it does nothing for this community, you're no better than the people you say "complain" about the game being dead.
you are part of why it's dead. bringing up questions that were there since the beginning of OS, that we never to answers to and probably never will. you get why this isn't productive in anyway, right?

and so you dont come with your "but complaining isn't productive either" argument, no it isn't. but at least we're not trying to claim it is, unlike you.
Kuunikal
Deuced Up

Zekamalikyd wrote:
i have no clue what you think you're doing bringing up old topics of discussion but it does nothing for this community, you're no better than the people you say "complain" about the game being dead.
you are part of why it's dead. bringing up questions that were there since the beginning of OS, that we never to answers to and probably never will. you get why this isn't productive in anyway, right?

and so you dont come with your "but complaining isn't productive either" argument, no it isn't. but at least we're not trying to claim it is, unlike you.
I'm just asking a question.
LeCom

Maybe he just wanted to test his coding skills and he didn't feel any need to go further, maybe he just thinks OpenSpades is fine the way it is, maybe he is busy with stuff that isn't waste of time, maybe he realized he did a mistake while designing the engine and now it would be too hard to continue developing, ...
There's lots of possible reasons one can think of on his own, I agree with zeka.
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”