What's going on?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
98 posts Page 5 of 7 First unread post
Zekamalikyd
Modder
Modder

not productive to the thread, make yer own
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well I must point out some of those ideas come from other people too. LeCom, bloodfox, warp, bytebit, longbyte also deserve credit; we have a little team formed, LeCom's doing some work on an engine, bytebit is making a renderer, warp is doing some models, bloodfox is doing some gui/icons.
Dare[AoS] wrote:
If you could make it done i would even pay for this game.
Forget the money. This is community project.

I don't like the idea of a huge ass cannon --- it would be either too OP or too nerfed. It was someone else's idea.
Dare[AoS] wrote:
weapon list wrote:
SMGs for very close range, 400RPM ROF eg. MP18
Limited Amounts of Semi-Auto Rifles eg. M1 Garand (+ gun jams, in water especially)
Bolt Action Rifles- Standard Weapons (one hit kill for torso)
Huge Underground Mines (aka explosives) as a gameplay feature (related to map target)
Mortars/Artillery
AT - basically portable cannon, with the main purpose of dealing explosive damage
OP Trench gun ((pc)masterrace)
Bolt-actions and semi-auto rifles can attach bayonettes, which stab when aiming rifle.
It is pretty nice that you're planning to implement so many weapons, I only support it, if they will be balanced.
Well I can't guarantee I won't make bolt-action, HMG and Mortar too OP :)
That would lend to truly trench based game, which is good.
Dare[AoS] wrote:
Gameplay features wrote:
Bleeding to make limb hits/shotgun count
It's been a lenghty discussion about this here on forums. I think Chameleon has told us how this would work in the game: 20 damage for the hit and then additional damage for the bleeding over time.
The question is, will you need a medic to save your life or you will be able to bandage yourself and stop the bleeding?
Not necessarily 20 damage, just as an example that bleeding should be important detail.
I have got two systems in mind:
* one that requires you to carry a medkit to be able to stop bleeding and heal (hardcore);
* another one that requires you to carry a medkit to heal, while bleeding could be stopped without a medkit (easier).
You should be able to stop bleeding yourself, but for healing (getting back HP), you would depend on your teammates/enemy.
Yes, enemy should be able to stop bleeding too - for fun, maybe for taking prisoners for roleplaying people.
Also maybe a third, most hardcore system that would make you unable to stop bleeding yourself. Maybe have all of those systems possible to be employed by server so there would be possible more depth to game.
Dare[AoS] wrote:
Totally support teamwork over playing just by yourself and getting most kills and getting some crazy bonuses for that, like it's in CoD Black Ops 3 (you can get a robot that you can place anywhere and it automatically shoots enemies).
Yeah, airstrikes/artillery are cool, but getting them as a reward is bs. I'm thinking of a way to make everyone able to use airstrikes/artillery; not all team at once, of course. Maybe having radio/telephone would make you able to call them in, but would expose you on the map for other people carrying radios etc.
Dare[AoS] wrote:
So.. how can the community support this project? Do you need more codders / artists / sound makers or can we support you with something else?
Nah, it's a matter of my time & how much I want to do it. Like, the time I released NLC with different weapons for each team? It took me at most 1 week to implement that + make weapon models, I just got hyped at the time (end of holidays).
What really helps me is when I see something that can be modded/improved, then I get to work.
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

dont waste your time and stop doing it already
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

k
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

We're up to page 5 and nobody has posted this video yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGQsZaQRZfA

Hi. Checked this site for the first time in a while. Mostly been doing other things. It's almost like all the coders post-AoS-forums have been trying to join forces to summon Captain Planet. Which is kinda cool. Also Stack realised he should probably announce that it's been 5 years since AoS was first released.

I was sort of working on a GLSL-raytraced voxel engine at some stage but it's been a while since I touched that. Accidentally got back into Minecraft for a bit. Possibly going to do some PS1, maybe even PS2 shit.

Oh, also got a Raspi 3 and started fucking with it. That thing could possibly run Iceball at a not completely awful framerate. Right now it uses llvmpipe and runs at about 2SPF IIRC. Which sadly puts it behind the GMA 3150, but in this case it's all 100% software-rendered OpenGL. Thing can still play 360p video without too much of an issue, and of course I mean without using hardware accel. It also runs games fine without the sorts of horrible modifications you have to do to get them running even slightly smoothly on a pi1.

So enough about why I generally haven't been giving a fuck about this site, and everyone else has probably covered everything else there is to know about what's going on with the site. I just posted in here to post a video that was missing and then decided to write a few more words before hitting Subm
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

terrible
LeFizzy
Deuced Up

Shia LaBeouf wrote:
dont waste your time and stop doing it already
Can you just stop to imitate @Lincent?
Let them work,and stop *suck their blood.
Last edited by LeFizzy on Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

terrible was a reference to first comment in the video
MrFritz
League Operator
League Operator

AOS died when Minit died

"How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real"
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

aos died when goon died
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

aos died when goon got popular
Shia LaBeouf
Deuced Up

why didnt you die
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

good question cirno why didn't i die
Dare
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

I think you should discuss grammar mistakes and the exact time aos died at in Lounge.
Marisa Kirisame wrote:
I was sort of working on a GLSL-raytraced voxel engine at some stage but it's been a while since I touched that. Accidentally got back into Minecraft for a bit. Possibly going to do some PS1, maybe even PS2 shit.
(...)
So enough about why I generally haven't been giving a fuck about this site, and everyone else has probably covered everything else there is to know about what's going on with the site. I just posted in here to post a video that was missing and then decided to write a few more words before hitting Subm
Basically, you're saying that you have done some other projects but finished none of them and you stopped caring about this website?
And I'm not sure but I guess that I've seen you on the forums before, are you Icecream?

Also the project that's being created by Chameleon and others is relevant to the topic of What's going on. So I dont know why everyone started talking about some shit.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Dare[AoS] wrote:
Also the project that's being created by Chameleon and others <...>
Well I only made a half-assed biplane model :P
Most of the productive work is by LeCom. I am not even working on the project right now
98 posts Page 5 of 7 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”