Ace of Spades Classic Mobile Edition - Your Opinion?

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
34 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post

Would you like a mobile edition of Ace of Spades 0.75?

47%
Yes.
No votes
Yes, for iOS only.
19%
Yes, for Android only.
4%
Maybe, maybe not.
2%
Maybe for iOS only.
No votes
Maybe for Android only.
28%
No.

Total votes: 57

Bigcheecho
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Lately, I've been thinking about remaking Ace of Spades classic for iPhone 4, iPhone 5, Android, and iPad.

If there is going to be an Ace of Spades classic for iOS devices in the App Store, it will not be free to play. Unfortunately, this is a necessary evil.

Why, you may ask?
Apple charges $99 per solar year ($8.25 per Gregorian month) to be able to have apps on Apple's app store. Also, they gain 30% revenue from apps being sold, so I will have to make it $3.57 if I want to gain $2.50 from the app to pay the annual $99 fee.
Apple, you greedy weasels.
Last edited by Bigcheecho on Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

I don't know, I don't have an android or an I-device so I can't tell the way games play on there. If you were though how would you make it? Most engines charge extra for IOS and android.
Bigcheecho

jdrew wrote:
I don't know, I don't have an android or an I-device so I can't tell the way games play on there. If you were though how would you make it? Most engines charge extra for IOS and android.
I will use a programming language that is compatible with both iOS and Android, and I will use my own engine, like Iceball does. This idea is fresh out of my mind.
Computer
Deuce

People tend to forget that Jagex now owns the rights of Ace of Spades. Give your app for a few days, and Jagex will take it down for copyright infringement.
White Hot
Deuced Up

He could call it something else.
Sonarpulse
Coder
Coder

especially an little endian devices, Voxlap should compile on ARM when I am done with it. Iceball should also compile on little endian ARM, right now!
Lemon
League Participant
League Participant

I don't know. It'll be good for popularity, but, good luck with making the aiming precise enough.
Bigcheecho

Computer wrote:
People tend to forget that Jagex now owns the rights of Ace of Spades. Give your app for a few days, and Jagex will take it down for copyright infringement.
ATsch wrote:
AFAIK, Ace of spades cant be trademarked, as it is a word that is actually used in the language. Its like saying, yeah, ill trademark "Waffles"
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Bigcheecho wrote:
Computer wrote:
ATsch wrote:
AFAIK, Ace of spades cant be trademarked, as it is a word that is actually used in the language. Its like saying, yeah, ill trademark "Waffles"
Ace of Spades can be trademarked. While they are unuable to sue over all uses, making a blatant ripoff of the game which goes by the same name does far more than just infringe on this trademark.

Also, Android master race.
Also, playing FPS games on mobile devices is even worse than on gamepad.
Bigcheecho

rakiru wrote:
Bigcheecho wrote:
Computer wrote:
ATsch wrote:
Ace of Spades can be trademarked. While they are unuable to sue over all uses, making a blatant ripoff of the game which goes by the same name does far more than just infringe on this trademark.

OK then, if I do make one, then it'll probably be named different.
Rydogger
Deuced Up

rakiru wrote:
Bigcheecho wrote:
Computer wrote:
ATsch wrote:

This. It's like trying to play Nazi Zombies on the iPod touch. *shivers*
Semper
Deuced Up

It's a game called "Block ops" in the app store, 99cents but it's terrible.
10se1ucgo
3 Years of Ace of Spades
3 Years of Ace of Spades

Semper wrote:
It's a game called "Block ops" in the app store, 99cents but it's terrible.
And one called Ace-Craft. Which is also equally terrible.
USABxBOOYO
Former Pre-BnS Team
Former Pre-BnS Team

Block Ops, Ace-Craft, and CraftedBattle are all paid apps that look and sound horrible from their reviews. I don't even know how they've made it this far up the top games lists.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

USABxBOOYO wrote:
Block Ops, Ace-Craft, and CraftedBattle are all paid apps that look and sound horrible from their reviews. I don't even know how they've made it this far up the top games lists.
Blocks.

I also find it funny how blocky FPS games find it almost necessary to put a craft or mine in their name, when you do neither of those things.
34 posts Page 1 of 3 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”