Change Resolution

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
QuantumWraith
Deuce

Hi all.

This is really aggravating me and I can't seem to find any posts in which the issue has been solved. Currently, AoS runs at 800x600, but my screen res is 1280 x 800. I've attempted to change it in the config.ini file numerous times (I know the ratio must be 4:3) , but the game seems to have a mind of its own, consistently disobeying me and remaining in the puny aforementioned res.

I'm on the verge of imploding with frustration.

Please help me.

Thanks.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

You could try 1024x720.
QuantumWraith
Deuce

Still no luck.
HoboHob
Winter Celebration 2013
Winter Celebration 2013

Can you change your native screen res?
rakiru
Coder
Coder

Why not simply play in fullscreen? I know that it seems to be rather picky with what resolutions it'll play at (I have mine at 1280x960).
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Lots of people dont know how to make it fullscreen.
QuantumWraith
Deuce

I'm not quite sure what native resolution is. Googling didn't help me to understand very much either. Though, if it's simply the normal resolution of the screen, then yes, it can be changed. Although, it can only be reduced (1280 x 800 is max).

It already plays in fullscreen. The issue is, when it plays, I get giant black margins surrounding the game. I've also tried to switch between fullscreen and windowed, but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

It's almost as if the config.ini doesn't affect my game at all. Well, that's exactly what it is.. i think.

I'm not very tech savvy and still a relative noob to this game.
rakiru
Coder
Coder

QuantumWraith wrote:
I'm not quite sure what native resolution is. Googling didn't help me to understand very much either. Though, if it's simply the normal resolution of the screen, then yes, it can be changed. Although, it can only be reduced (1280 x 800 is max).

It already plays in fullscreen. The issue is, when it plays, I get giant black margins surrounding the game. I've also tried to switch between fullscreen and windowed, but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

It's almost as if the config.ini doesn't affect my game at all. Well, that's exactly what it is.. i think.

I'm not very tech savvy and still a relative noob to this game.
If it didn't affect your game, your name wouldn't be different either. Try using a program that modifies your config for you (such as Spadille) and go through each resolution. If the lower ones work, then it probably just doesn't support what you're trying to make it play at.
QuantumWraith
Deuce

SOLVED!

Good point.

I thought Spadille was for the old site? In any case, I've tried using it multiple times and didn't get anywhere, but now I found a discussion about using Spadille's direct connect. This seems to have solved the issue.

Thanks, guys!
noobofspades
Deuced Up

Author: QuantumWraith » Fri Feb 22, 2013
shut the fuck up
10 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”