DeathBattle! - Deuce vs Steve

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
49 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Ninja_pig_pro
Build and Shoot's 1st Birthday

Blue_Happy1
Last edited by Ninja_pig_pro on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Jdrew
Mapper
Mapper

The deuce is American and he has a gun so it is obvious he would win
White Hot
Deuced Up

jdrew wrote:
The deuce is American and he has a gun so it is obvious he would win
Exactly, screw that flame bow, I'll fucking wreck you 'Merica style with my rifle. Your shitty ass bow can't even headshot.
Ninja_pig_pro

Blue_Happy1
Last edited by Ninja_pig_pro on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Hot
Deuced Up

The rifle's range is much, much farther than the bow's, and the SMG is so OP that it would kill in the time it took steve to aim and fire one shot. Sorry guys, but guns beat a bow every time.
Ninja_pig_pro

Blue_Happy1
Last edited by Ninja_pig_pro on Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Articsledder
Deuced Up

In Ace of Spades a block is measured in feet, meaning Deuces are actually only 3 feet tall.
Ninja_pig_pro

Articsledder wrote:
In Ace of Spades a block is measured in feet, meaning Deuces are actually only 3 feet tall.
66 x 1 = 66 feet.
You know, that doesn't seem that far.....
Articsledder
Deuced Up

Ninja_pig_pro wrote:
Articsledder wrote:
66 x 1 = 66 feet.
You know, that doesn't seem that far.....
By block I mean the ones we place, not pixels. Ben mentioned it in one of his blog posts quite a while ago.

Otherwise it's safe to assume the SMG is a meter + long...
Ninja_pig_pro

Blue_Happy1
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

I would argue that Minecraft is much less lag-tolerant and so Steve wouldn't be able to hit Deuce for shit.
Ninja_pig_pro

Blue_Happy1
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

Ninja_pig_pro wrote:
If lag were to be counted, so should hacks, glitches, servers, plugins, autohotkey, creative, and all that other fun stuff.
Hacks? No. We do not regard them as an acceptable part of gameplay. That is why we ban these idiots.
Autohotkey? If it isn't negligible, see "hacks".
Plugins? Not a good idea, as you'd have to dive into all the Minecraft mods.
Creative? This isn't what this argument is about.
Ninja_pig_pro wrote:
Plus, what if the server was held in Sweden, and Deuce got Lag?
I can get headshots on a 350ms ping to Sweden quite regularly. AoS is quite lag-tolerant due to the way the network protocol works. Minecraft, on the other hand, really shows why games typically don't use TCP (several seconds of lag, anyone?).

I know that Iceball uses TCP, and despite my best attempts to make it low-lag, if the server's hosted on a VPS, it really shows (the pings are typically double of what an ICMP ping reports). But it's still more lag-tolerant than Minecraft, and it doesn't bottleneck the connection by loading chunks all the damn time.

EDIT: Also, why did I not notice this...

The range of each gun is 127.5 blocks, which is the fogline. Now, I calculated the odds of actually hitting things at the fog line within a half-block range, and in 0.75 the odds are 35% for the rifle, 9% for SMG, and 2% for the first pallet fired from the shotgun.

To increase these to 100% accuracy within half a block, you have 44.7, 11.5, and 2.6 blocks respectively. Anything after this decreases linearly to the fogline, and then you have a 0% change.

Note that the math isn't perfect, but it's a reasonable estimate. If I recall correctly, these are best cases, where you are aiming directly down an axis.
Tex
Deuced Up

I'm not sure if we should include connection in this battle, but it seems like a good idea...
Handles
League Participant
League Participant

Deuce would win. Why are we even discussing this?
49 posts Page 1 of 4 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”