What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
21 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
gamax92
Deuce

You know ... the drawback of cocks and swasticas everywhere that you can't destroy because team cannot destroy.
Or people blocking the stairs by putting towers on them.
Or block spamming, the opposite of griefing.
Or people deciding to put large pillars under the tent.

Re:

Cajun Style
Deuced Up

What Is With People Destroying Other teamates Towers??
It's called griefing. And everybody's doing it :rolleyes:
Seriously. It's commonly known as griefing. On Pyspade servers (pretty much all) you can usually kill your team-mate right after he destroys a block specifically for this reason. (If you ever had a mysterious team-kill, now you know.) Griefing is on most servers considered a good reason for votekicking.
I used to look down on people building near the base in Hallway. Until it saved my life Green_D'oh Usually building near the base is useless. Of course tearing down a friendly building is the dumbest thing you can do, unless the builder did something really stupid (happens more often than you'd think).
Voxel1ty
Deuced Up

gamax92 wrote:
You know ... the drawback of cocks and swasticas everywhere that you can't destroy because team cannot destroy.
Or people blocking the stairs by putting towers on them.
Or block spamming, the opposite of griefing.
Or people deciding to put large pillars under the tent.
That's child's play. I spent a good part of a Babel round, creating a gigantic Nyan Cat towering above in the air, complete with a 50 block long rainbow trail.
gamax92
Deuce

[offtopic]Any pics?[/offtopic]
Voxel1ty
Deuced Up

gamax92 wrote:
[offtopic]Any pics?[/offtopic]
I have pics of it somewhere. Can't find it right now but here is one of an earlier nyancat prototype I created.
This one is set in the ground but I created star supports for the floating one.

Cajun Style
Deuced Up

I think I actually was in that game from which that screenshot is. Blue_D'oh I really had the urge to grief that thing.
But then I didn't, because I thought it would be a waste of time, and thought let the builder be content with his stupid building. I guess that's what drives griefers: a sort of jealousy, and not comprehending what building is for. Maybe also a misplaced sense of "justice" where they have to fix their peers. And of-course the knowledge that you will be annoying the creator. I find it much more challenging and rewarding to do it to enemy structures. So maybe the inability (or lack of motivation) to get close to the enemy is also a factor.
21 posts Page 2 of 2 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”