Submit Your Intel-Tower Designs (League or Otherwise).

The original, free Ace of Spades game powered by the Voxlap engine. Known as “Classic,” 0.75, 0.76, and all 0.x versions. Created by Ben Aksoy.
107 posts Page 1 of 8 First unread post
Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Hi there guys! As you may or may not know I'm the tower builder for my league team (Lines, also my clan). I decided to make a thread here dedicated to intel-tower designs, so we can see you how work while under fire. So feel free to submit any screenshots you take of yours or anybody elses tower.

Note: Designs of any quality can be posted. Also feel free to post strategy tips and tricks and post your war worn tactics that have paid off in the past.

Here is one me and Nuclearpotato and others knocked up on Minit .76 this afternoon for the fun.

So come on lets see your builds and show off your swag.

Laters!
Last edited by Juxta on Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:28 pm, edited 5 times in total.
StarDust
League Participant
League Participant

their towers are always good intel high. The alloy is easy to see that some clans do not care about the tower and almost always lose.

My tower intel against TwM

various clans still do not know make the tower, I thought I'd do a video teaching basic.
other tower in 0.75
Eraaaaz
League Participant
League Participant

Subbed for ToW against TSB.
Spoiler:
Builded this here with Colorpinpoint.
Spoiler:
Something I did alone on Assault.
Spoiler:
Subbed here for SPQR against BG.
Spoiler:
Hawkan's and Hankey's wonderland!
Spoiler:
Sadly don't have any pictures of those I builded in the league :/
danhezee
Former Admin / Co-founder

http://imgur.com/a/WsaaS

Intel Tower quite a few of us made in a pick up game. It stretches as high as you can build.

Juxta
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Nice submissions guys thanks for dropping by :) That tower in the PUG game went up so fast, and just continued to get bigger and bigger. Was fun to be a part of such a multi-colored piece of power, so thanks Dan for sharing those screeners as I did not get any myself.

For those who may not know the purpose or function of an intel tower I'll leave a brief description.

Ok so when two teams are playing CTf (Capture The Flag duh) it's important to make the intel as hard to access as possible for any opposing players threatening your spawn. So we build these towers. they offer a massive obstacle for the enemy and they are left with two options - chop it down or climb it. As you can see from the designs above there are usually at least 4 support legs for the main tower stem, this is to create more blocks and waste the enemies time so a defender can come back and kill him before he griefs it down. some people often add rings around each support leg and main tower stem to prevent climbers from being able to simply scale the legs and get on top to chop the intel stem down. It looks like an easy thing to build but trust me, games have been lost due to an inexperienced tower builder or an easily exploitable design being thrown into the mix. The main purpose of this thread is to give those who may not be so experienced or wanting to start out being a team's builder in their league team some inspiration on what a basic tower should look like.

Also, if anyone ever needs help on getting started on building for your team, you can send me a pm and I'll gladly help you run down some basic tower building strategy on a random server.
danhezee

A brief tutorial on how to build a tower fast.
Note that in most competitive matches things will never go perfectly so you will need to adapt on the fly.

Step 1: Find the intel
Step 2: get the intel off the ground
Make a 2 x 1 column and lift the intel 25 blocks above the ground. You can jump build a 2 x 1 column with very little mouse movement. Jump build by holding down the left mouse button looking down and spamming the jump.

Step 3: Make another 2 x 1 column
Make another 2 x 1 column right beside the first column to create a 2 x 2 column to strengthen the main center column.

Step 4: Add support beams
Pick one side of the main column stand four away. Jump build 6 blocks then look at the main column add three add to the side of it. Repeat jump building and adding blocks to the side of the tower until you reach the top.

Step 5: Repeat the support beam pattern
Stand beside the support beam column and match the same pattern as Step 5.

Step 6: add another 2 x 1 column to the support beam column
Strengthen the support column by placing a 2 x 1 column beside it. Use the same technique from Step 1 and 2.

Repeat Steps 4 through 6 on each side of the main column and where ever necessary

Optionally you can add even more strength and make the cross beams 2 x 2 instead of 2 x 1. Doing so will slow you down though. Every block you place takes time but adds strength. You want to find a balance of strength and speed that is appropriate for your team.

In the heat of the battle you might add a cross beam at the wrong point or start support column one block to close or far away. Dont destroy the blocks just move on and adapt.

And never make a 3 x 3 column.
Fawad
League Champs
League Champs

This is one of SS's towers, made by venator
Spoiler:
This one was made by shaz on our server during a match
Spoiler:
This ones form yesterdays hox vs FF match, its not that big but its pretty sturdy
Spoiler:
Kid Gohan
League Participant
League Participant

Here is one made by me on minit 0.76 , made alone cuz i hab no fwiends Blue_Crying
But yeah what do you guys think :D
Fawad
League Champs
League Champs

^That looks soo beautiful!! OMG PINK
Kid Gohan
League Participant
League Participant

Fawad wrote:
^That looks soo beautiful!! OMG PINK
:D tyvm i knew some would like da PINK Blue_BigSmile
Articsledder
Deuced Up

I've always wanted to try and undermine one of these undetected, then have it set up so the intel drops right into my tunnels. It takes a lot of time though and I often get caught because of how noisy the shovel is.
GreaseMonkey
Coder
Coder

danhezee wrote:
And never make a 3 x 3 column.
I think during the days of 0.54 someone demonstrated exactly why you never build a 3x3. I'd be suprised if the new kids know that trick these days, though.
shaz

if you make 3x3 i'll go inside it and rape it ok
colorpinpoint
League Champs
League Champs

StarDust
League Participant
League Participant

Kid Gohan wrote:
Here is one made by me on minit 0.76 , made alone cuz i hab no fwiends Blue_Crying
But yeah what do you guys think :D
oh Good job, I would like if you did that in the midst of war.
107 posts Page 1 of 8 First unread post
Return to “Ace of Spades 0.x Discussion”