Framerate drop issue

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Calpol
Deuce

Hi :) I get a solid 400-500 FPS in OpenSpades when playing it, and it doesn't drop very much from that when the action on screen is at it's peak. However, I get a really strange frame drop whenever I fire a weapon. It doesn't matter how many other people are - when I do it, it just stutters. This isn't too bad for the rifle and the shotgun, although a little annoying when fighting multiple enemies.. But it completely ruins my framerate when firing a full burst of an SMG.

This a very specific problem I'm having, and I'm wondering if there's a possible fix for it?
Calpol
Deuce

Fraid not. Already had the particles settings on low and medium doesn't help.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

Calpol wrote:
Fraid not. Already had the particles settings on low and medium doesn't help.
Maybe you should try to fiddle with the settings. Start at the lowest possible and make your way up.
Calpol
Deuce

Nope, no cigar :'(
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Hmmm if you are really desperate, try fiddling with "Textures/Smoke#/Smoke##.png" (it's in one of the packs. Just extract the folder to "Resources", the game will read the extracted one instead).
Fiddling is opening the images in GIMP or similar, changing size to 1x1 and making it 100% transparent. Also try setting dynamic lights to 0, but i doubt that will help...

Also spam Yvt (the creator) to make option to disable this "feature"
Calpol
Deuce

So I feel pretty stupid.

The hit indicator was the culprit apparently. Both the normal and the debug, or just one of them on was what was causing the lag. Just curious as to why something like that would cause so much bother? The issue is solved, I'm just curious :)
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Hit Debug makes a pretty small image of where your shots go. It's in
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\OpenSpades\Resources\HitTestDebugger\
That's what it makes:
7 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”