OpenSpades 0.0.12b

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
73 posts Page 5 of 5 First unread post
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

"if he manages". .-.

I would definitely download his version, then once he completes it. I love SW.
Warp
Green Master Race
Green Master Race

Chameleon wrote:
LeCom's working on it. If he manages to implement GLSL with faster code, your graphics card will be used too, so CPU load will be less.
Good. I have a graphics card ready and waiting.
LeCom

bloodfox wrote:
"if he manages". .-.
zpimp
Deuce

can someone please provide a linux .deb binary for download
Dereck2
Deuce

Thank you for link!!! Blue_BigSmile Blue_BigSmile Blue_BigSmile
play3r
Deuce

Hi! I don't know if this is the right place to post or I need to start new topic...
Here is my problem:
I have Linux Mint 17.2 x64 Xfce. I used the manual from README.md file from openspades-0.0.12.tar.gz source archive. I installed all dependencies. OpenAL was already installed - libopenal.so.1 and libopenal.so.1.14.
But when I launched the game from menu and from terminal I got an error like - "Fatal erro libopenal.so not found /usr/local/games/openspades//libopenal.so" (or something like that). Then I decided to change some settings and set all to low, but not helped. Then I gone to Audio tab and there were three buttons - OpenAL, YSR and Null. The game started only when I set to Null, but without any sound, it is playable even on highest settings but silent.
I have noticed one error on the Readme.md and some bad recommendations for users with distros that use DEB or RPM packages. The error was tar-zxvf without space between "tar" and "-" (on Linux manual 3. SDL2_image-2.0.0). The bad recommendation about DEB and RPM based Linux distribution is that if you use make install instead of recommended checkinstall, you will not be able to update the installed packages, libraries and programs until you delete all the files that were installed by "make install". In case of "checkinstall" it will be created a package automatically (you only need to write a name and a version of this package and other settings are optional) and it will be installer like other "deb" or "rpm" packages and you can manage (uninstall) them from the package manager, for example Synaptic.
About checkinstall:
https://wiki.debian.org/CheckInstall
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CheckInstall
http://asic-linux.com.mx/~izto/checkinstall/
http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/usi ... ges-source
Thanks for your time, I hope you will use always "checkinstall".
If someone knows why do I don't have any sound on this game, please tell me what I did wrong or what I haven't done.
play3r
Deuce

Okay, I have fixed the sound problem probably by installing "libopenal-dev" package, so now OpenAL is active and I tested some gameplay and all sounds like on MS Windows were present. Anyway thank you. If I broke some rule of the forum and I have to remove my messages, I can do so.
By the way I bought on Steam Ace of Spades, it have support for Windows and Mac, but not Linux. Why? OpenSpades have Linux support but Ace of Spades not?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Steam Ace Of Spades 1.x version is the "official" one. However, this BnS community thinks it's absolute money-milking cancer.

OpenSpades and Ace Of Spades 0.x version are the old, classic, free versions game developers dumped.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

goodbye os.

goodbye aos

goodbye bns
play3r
Deuce

bloodfox wrote:
goodbye os.

goodbye aos

goodbye bns
Why do you say so? The servers will be down soon?
play3r
Deuce

Chameleon wrote:
Steam Ace Of Spades 1.x version is the "official" one. However, this BnS community thinks it's absolute money-milking cancer.

OpenSpades and Ace Of Spades 0.x version are the old, classic, free versions game developers dumped.
You're right, the shareware Steam AoS is like you say "absolute money-milking cancer" with mostly useless dlc-s. Image
Anyway it is good that the developers haven't closed their old code and the BnS community still supports the classic game.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

yeah but bns is dying
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Anyway it is good that the developers haven't closed their old code and the BnS community still supports the classic game.
There were rumors that Jagex hacked into developer's HDD and fucked it up, so there is no source code for old AoS 0.x, even if there was source code available of old AoS, all the ™©® would prevent updates from happening. So there was development of half-assed thing called OpenSpades.

However there is a small project in the making, so AoS will die, but idea still has a chance to live on.
73 posts Page 5 of 5 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”