My enemies can't see me 0-0

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
PotatoJA
Deuce

I was playing OpenSpades and i realised my enemies can't see me Blue_Surprised2
I keep on chatting and they always say Hack, Kick, Cheater etc.
Only some enemy players can see me but most players can

How it all started :
I enabled the Start up menu and changed my name to "MicrosoftPublisher" ..don't ask why Blue_BigSmile ,but since it has character limit it was changed to "MicrosoftPublis".... I go in a FFA Server and as I joined a team, it kicked me. I joined an Arena Server and it kicked me again, the only server I can join is "anal Nuketown server" ,I was banned from this server for a very long time so I guess today was the time I was unbanned..? I joined and started shooting, I saw a Deuce not shooting at me so I guess they were just Newbies, but then I realised...No one was shooting at me, I build blocks in front of their faces and get confused, I spade them and they say "Hack".

I'm sure this is a glitch or bug, I'm still not sure if Nuketown is the only server I can join, It was a nice feeling that 1-2 players can see me :D, I was literally a ghost in that server, those 1-2 players are probably priests or something, I'm posting this in a forum since this might destroy something in-game.

Someone please RISE ME BACK FROM THE DEAD ; A ;

EDIT : It seems like you guys can actually try this yourself, it's pretty fun but it ruins the game for others so please just build blocks, destroy blocks, shoot some few bullets, but please don't ruin the whole game by abusing, unless you're a kid and want to enjoy the power, it feels like "MicrosoftPublisher" isn't the only name to access this power though.

Just sharing some stuffs :
-Deleted "Little Infos" since EVERYONE is actually capable of being invi-
-You guys are probably having these 50/50 thoughts about whether you want this to be fixed or not Blue_BigSmile -
-I have been using this "power" for days, copying and pasting this post's link in-game, and it seems like a lot of people are mad about this Blue_Tongue , I guess it's best to fix this glitch :)

I just found out that you can only join "anal" servers, that sounds horribly wrong.
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Hey, can you tell us why you were being kicked and give us some logs?
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

PotatoJA wrote:
I enabled the Start up menu and changed my name to "MicrosoftPublisher"
This is exactly what made them not able to see you.

Note, this trick will not work on Aloha as they have their own patch for it.

Here's what happens:

* OS sends a "here's my player info" packet to the server.
* Server then sends a "this is a new player, here's the info" packet to everyone on the server.
* VOXLAP client gets the packet info from ENet, checks the length, and because it's too large it ignores the packet entirely.
* Voila, everyone on the server with a VOXLAP client cannot see you because they haven't initialised the info for your player slot.
PotatoJA
Deuce

Lincent wrote:
Hey, can you tell us why you were being kicked and give us some logs?
I don't know why I was being kicked :/ Every time I open a server and join a team it automatically kicks me , and what logs? The notes on the "NetLogs" folder?
PotatoJA
Deuce

Marisa Kirisame wrote:
PotatoJA wrote:
I enabled the Start up menu and changed my name to "MicrosoftPublisher"
This is exactly what made them not able to see you.

Here's what happens:

* OS sends a "here's my player info" packet to the server.
* Server then sends a "this is a new player, here's the info" packet to everyone on the server.
* VOXLAP client gets the packet info from ENet, checks the length, and because it's too large it ignores the packet entirely.
* Voila, everyone on the server with a VOXLAP client cannot see you because they haven't initialised the info for your player slot.
Will this be fixed?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Marisa Kirisame wrote:
Well it's fixed server-wise. I should look @ vanilla OS code see if I can easily fix that.
Marisa Kirisame
Deuced Up

It only needs to be fixed on the server side.

Oh, and VOXLAP needs to crash and burn already, why the fuck do we still rely on this old inferior version that nobody ever wants to update when we have OS which can be modified for our purposes and can be made to run on a cheap computer
longbyte1
Deuced Up

Wow took you long enough to realize that people couldn't see you. PySnip should have patched this a long time ago but I guess it wasn't. That's nice.
Boche
Deuced Up

Haha, well this sounds interesting. Gonna have to try it out sometime. Wooop!
Blue_Spade
Lincent
Veterans
Veterans

Ban Boche 2016
Boche
Deuced Up

Lincent wrote:
Ban Boche 2016
Haha, pee orf!!
11 posts Page 1 of 1 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”