OpenSpades introduction

OpenSpades is an open source alternative client for AoS Classic and beyond! Runs on Windows, Mac, and Linux. Created by yvt.
Compatible with AoS Classic.
665 posts Page 44 of 45 First unread post
ZEB 99
Post Demon
Post Demon

^sidearm, glock
less damage than 1911& revolver, better range, same reload time as 1911, higher capacity (17 rounds)
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

I really doubt if ycx even cares about OpenSpades anymore.
1Shot1Kill
Modder
Modder

MrHaaax wrote:
I really doubt if ycx even cares about OpenSpades anymore.
"Last visited: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:38 am"
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

Well guys, tbh, Yvt isn't gonna work on this anymore. so we might as well turn to VXW...
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

Well it might be that yvt is taking a break.
Also I believe that weapons should be added from WWI to Vietnam era and by what role they would fulfill.
Be aware that low damage, medium accuracy, high mag capacity weapon will kill at long range more easily than M1911 and a revolver. Because you'd then depend more on spamming and less on accurate, aimed shots. Sidearms should be used at close range by those who carry Bolt-Actions / Semi-Auto Battle rifles or deployable HMGs.
But talking about weapons is useless when there are many things that should be fixed first, like closed source server and client side anticheat, less eyecandy (like muzzle flash smoke animation), netcode optimizations etc...
Be aware that low damage, medium accuracy, high mag capacity weapon will kill at long range more easily than M1911 and a revolver.
I have no idea what I said here. Was I comparing Glocks to M1911's?
Last edited by Chameleon on Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MrHaaax
Modder
Modder

True. I'm not sure where is he going wih the client. But since BnS is dead he should be focusing on standalone servers... if he still have the incentive to.
Kergage17
Deuce

Nice. Totally amazing.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

MrHaaax wrote:
True. I'm not sure where is he going wih the client. But since BnS is dead he should be focusing on standalone servers... if he still have the incentive to.
He doesn't have incentive, but he isn't dead either. I'm going to opensource my modded client so we can fix up vanilla a bit, maybe someone else will help me out too.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

I'm still slowly but surely taking courses on C#. My motive is to focus on making vanilla more "Grandmothers' rig" friendly.
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

bloodfox wrote:
I'm still slowly but surely taking courses on C#. My motive is to focus on making vanilla more "Grandmothers' rig" friendly.
Good, but that's already kinda done with my OpenSpades 2015.11.19 (it got rid of smoke particles). Unless you are going to mess with renderer itself...
Oh btw OS is written in C++, but it isn't too hard to adapt from C#.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

yeah, i know. My primary focus is to make SW a lot easier to run.
Ik, it's written in C++
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

bloodfox wrote:
My primary focus is to make SW a lot easier to run.
That's what I'll be doing too about a month later (depends on how hard studies will be); hopefully with help of LeCom.
I'll also make my own branch of OS on GitHub, opensource.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

so you'll be starting from scratch for another client just to fulfill performance issues with SW?
Chameleon
Modder
Modder

bloodfox wrote:
so you'll be starting from scratch for another client just to fulfill performance issues with SW?
No no no... I like the ability to script weapon behaviour way too much <3
But rewriting SW renderer => yes.
bloodfox
Post Demon
Post Demon

ah I see
665 posts Page 44 of 45 First unread post
Return to “OpenSpades Discussion”